The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm predicted mainly B's, hopefully got an A in Spanish, but think was a C or lower in Chem :smile:
Im predicted C & D'S
I know sooo bad :tongue:
Im taking quite a lot of GCSEs and i just want to pass them all really.
Yeah GCSEs are important but its the A levels that get you into uni so i'd rather do well in them and in the subjects that mean a lot to me, im predicted:
English: A
Maths: C
Science: C C
R.E: A
French: B
Art: A*
Performing Arts: A
I.T: C
Textiles: B
History: B
P.E: B

But because im taking so many id just be glad to pass.
Haha id love to put it on my signature on here : GCSES, C,C,C,C,C,C,D,D,U,U,U
Compared to everyones 11a*s!
Reply 63
Never been predicted As or A*s but that doesn't seem to matter, because it always seems as though predicted grades (if low) are worse than what you are actually going to get.
Reply 64
Reply 65
im not predicted A*'s
Reply 66
Well, I don't know what I am predicted at all. o___o And I think it's agood thing I don't know. ^__^

...because. - the predictions means NOTHING.
Almost all of my teachers have said that any teacher can predict anyone "E"s and he/she can still come out with "A*"s. There is no reason why you shouldn't aim for A*. :smile:

I know this is particular true as someone I know was predicted mostly "B"s and "C"s and came out with 8A*s and 3 "A"s. =D. her secret? She chucked her predicted grades into the bin after her parents had a look at it.---> that's what she told me.
Reply 67
lol yeah tsr is a tad depressing as like everyone is predicted 349820478243 A*s!
everyone says that lol. tsr is full of students who are worried about their studies and want to do well which is why most achieve good results - kinda obvious. predictions mean very little unless youre failing everything. Actual results matter. Just work hard!
Reply 69
Admittingly, there are some people on here that portray themselves as somewhat selfish; an example of this would be people saying "I'll cry if I get a B" - Hang on a second, I've done 8 GCSE's from scratch in one year whilst going to school tuesday whilst thursday and having to move back a year (same year as my brother too!) What about the people who don't have the brilliant grades? I know people who revise on a nighty basis and are borderline C/D's.

(Was in hospital for a year with anorexia - yes, I am a boy)

Personally I would be more than grateful if I recieved a B in any of my grades, as it is sufficient enough for me to gain entry into sixth form.

PS: You may be wondering "What about year 10?" - Well put it like this, I was a D-F student.
tom_91
Admittingly, there are some people on here that portray themselves as somewhat selfish; an example of this would be people saying "I'll cry if I get a B" - Hang on a second, I've done 8 GCSE's from scratch in one year whilst going to school tuesday whilst thursday and having to move back a year (same year as my brother too!) What about the people who don't have the brilliant grades? I know people who revise on a nighty basis and are borderline C/D's.

(Was in hospital for a year with anorexia - yes, I am a boy)

Personally I would be more than grateful if I recieved a B in any of my grades, as it is sufficient enough for me to gain entry into sixth form.

PS: You may be wondering "What about year 10?" - Well put it like this, I was a D-F student.

Nobody says they will cry if they get a B...You don't need to exagerrate to get your point across. Your situation may be difficult, but that does not make others who work hard and get their grades any less impressive. People work hard for their grades, they don't just appear...You didn't need to compare yourself to other people. If you had just told us it would have been easier to appreciate.
5A* 4A 2Bs and a d in maths. aren't i the smart one:smile:

it does put a lot of pressure on you though- I'd much rather spend all my time revising for the maths gcse than everything els because i invariably get bs if i don't revise:frown:
To the above posts, I'd be so disappointed if I got a B in maths, then again I'd be perfectly happy with a C in French.
It all depends on what a person is capable of, people do have the right to be disappointed with a B if they know they know they could of achieved higher.
Reply 73
RoadWarrior
Nobody says they will cry if they get a B...You don't need to exagerrate to get your point across. Your situation may be difficult, but that does not make others who work hard and get their grades any less impressive. People work hard for their grades, they don't just appear...You didn't need to compare yourself to other people. If you had just told us it would have been easier to appreciate.

There is a post somewhere stating from one TSR member that they would cry if that recieved any B's. Exagerrate? i'm telling the whole truth; i've also worked my arse off this school year too but i didn't mention it in the thread.
Reply 74
haha. my only A* is in Food Tech, possibly the most useless GCSE to me, however I got all A*s in my spanish Coursework so I'm going to aim high for that one cos I wanna do it at A-level and Uni.
I got predicted As/Bs with 1 A*, but that was RE which I messed up the other day.
You should all be aiming for A*'s and A's, or you will be regretting what you get, like me (read sig.)
Reply 77
Got to agree with you there cissy! I'd be more than happy to take those grades.
Reply 78
Why are people trying to put a downer on those who are predicted A's and A*?
Everyone should just work to the best of their ability, people don't want to hear your moaning about others who don't have to 'work' to get their grades, if it's disheartening then don't read the board.
if youre not predicted all As and A*s for gcse youre not working hard enough - thats contraversial

Latest