The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Leifde
it seems everyone i know who has applied to do law at kcl have been accepted. jus wondering has any brave soul been rejected (n like to share that with us)?

I really wouldn't start worrying too much yet... it took KCL a few days short of a month before they gave me an offer! :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Leifde
it seems everyone i know who has applied to do law at kcl have been accepted. jus wondering has any brave soul been rejected (n like to share that with us)?

I had a couple of friends who were rejected from KCL to do Law last year. Their rejections took a couple of months to come.
Reply 22
kingslaw
I had a couple of friends who were rejected from KCL to do Law last year. Their rejections took a couple of months to come.
\

n e idea on what were their predictions/final results n gcse?
Reply 23
Leifde
\

n e idea on what were their predictions/final results n gcse?

I think their predictions were AAA and AAB, although they both got straight A's in results.

I have no idea as to what they achieved at GCSE.
Grrr, I haven't heard from KCL yet - and my application was processed ages ago (20/9). :frown:
Reply 25
mobb_theprequel
Grrr, I haven't heard from KCL yet - and my application was processed ages ago (20/9). :frown:

*Huggle snoggy wuffle*
Ellie4
*Huggle snoggy wuffle*

That's gone some way to making me feel slightly better. :smile:

I'm going to ring KCL now to harass them. :biggrin:
Reply 27
mobb_theprequel

I'm going to ring KCL now to harass them. :biggrin:

Let me know how that goes - im still waiting too :frown: (form processed 15/10)
ksb09
Let me know how that goes - im still waiting too :frown: (form processed 15/10)

Apologies, but I bottled it!
Reply 29
mobb_theprequel
Apologies, but I bottled it!

lol, didnt think you were being serious!
Reply 30
mobb_theprequel

dont worry rob, im pretty sure you'll get an offer, after all if i got one u definately shud get one
Reply 31
I wanted to do the LLB at King's, Predicted AAAAa and got rejected on the 9th. Bugger.
jamiepuk17
I wanted to do the LLB at King's, Predicted AAAAa and got rejected on the 9th. Bugger.

Woah!
Reply 33
Hi everyone! i need some suggestions on deciding to put which offer as my 1st choice and 2nd choice. I do 5 A levels, they are maths, chemistry, physics, Further maths and chinese. Besides the two unis in London, other unis accept Chinese(i am a native speaker so it wont be problem to get an A). I would like to collect some suggestions which uni should i put as 1st choice and 2nd choice. Thank you!
Offer:
Birmingham-AAB
KCL-AAB
Liverpool-AAB
Cardiff-ABB
QueenMary-ABB
UEA-not yet( a bit shocked)
King's best for AAB offer, Cardiff best for ABB offer. Unless you're going to have both first and second choice with AAB?
Reply 35
but Bham's offer AAB is not bad as well....and it is in the Lnat group. By the way UCL vs KCL, which is better, and why. Thanks!
Reply 36
but Bham's offer AAB is not bad as well....and it is in the Lnat group. I think 2nd choice is going to be Cardiff. By the way UCL vs KCL, which is better, and why. Thanks!
Reply 37
jamiepuk17

I know someone who that happened to a year or two ago... he got all As at AS level and was predicted straight As at A2, work experience at Magic Circle Firms, then he was rejected... however UCL offered him a place without even needing to have an interview!!!

It just shows you never know what admissions tutors are looking for!

By the way, i'm just wondering whether anyone else has just received all the info of their offer finally from KCL, as well as the accommodation info? I was quite amused by the fact that the letter inside was dated early november, yet it was only sent in mid-december!
Reply 38
I was pretty surprised by the rejection, I knew it was competitive but it's bloody annoying! My granddad was a professor at King's for 20 years...damn wish he could have had some influence lol. I had work experience just like the person you know, which made it even more annoying.

I wouldn't complain if I did end up with an offer from UCL though! I'm not getting my hopes up though if I can't even get accepted by King's. UCL was the only LNAT uni I applied to whereas most people seem to have applied to loads of them so I can't rely on other offers I have to determine how I might have done in the LNAT either.

Ah well...
ccccecil
but Bham's offer AAB is not bad as well....and it is in the Lnat group.

So is UEA but Manchester isn't (I think).

ccccecil
By the way UCL vs KCL, which is better, and why. Thanks!

It's up to you. Both law schools are more or less on equal footing. Go to somewhere you enjoy more. I know of someone who went to LSE and she hated it.

Latest