The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sameer i got the same you

19.3 to be precise but yeh thats close enough

and it was 9.79
sameerr
for the vector triangle forces question i got that R has a magnitude of 9.75 while X is about 19.something. did anybody got the same?

Ye I got the same thing.
Reply 62
Original post by {&#1581
sameer i got the same you

19.3 to be precise but yeh thats close enough

and it was 9.79

What did you get this for? I got this for R :s-smilie:
Reply 63
thank u habeeb and dragonkiller for releving me. is the deceleration in the speed time graph question 1.88 ms-2
Reply 64
Mos Def
What did you get this for? I got this for R :s-smilie:

part a) was 9.8N
part b) was 19.3N
Q was 19.3 and R was 9.79
yeh i left it as 1.875 ms^-2
Saleh a.k.a. Mr.President
i got 1.36 m for the moments one!!!!!

Same here, and I checked it by taking moments all over the place (I think thats what I got if my memory serves me correctly!)
Reply 68
I messed up the moments question and I understood that so much i misread it it said 10N greater than C but I read 10 times greater than C so silly me put totally different answer and I would have got it right, cause I know I got the b question wrong since I red the a question wrong :frown: :frown: :frown:

My friend was talking about follow through marks is there such a thing?
Reply 69
Original post by {&#1581
Q was 19.3 and R was 9.79

How did you work that out? I got R = 17 and X = 10.9 but I guess I got it wrong.
Reply 70
Jordan_U
I messed up the moments question and I understood that so much i misread it it said 10N greater than C but I read 10 times greater than C so silly me put totally different answer and I would have got it right, cause I know I got the b question wrong since I red the a question wrong :frown: :frown: :frown:

My friend was talking about follow through marks is there such a thing?

yeah, if you used the correct method for a question.. but misread something or got a wrong answer you still get the majority of the marks, which are for the method.
silver_j
How did you work that out? I got R = 17 and X = 10.9 but I guess I got it wrong.

Just turn it into a triangle, and use the sine rule twice.
sine rule

as you know two angles and one force
Didn't it say Tension at A was 10N greater than Tension at B? (Or the otherway round, but definately not C?!)
Reply 74
Original post by {&#1581
yeh i left it as 1.875 ms^-2

do they consider it right if i writ 1.88
sameerr
do they consider it right if i writ 1.88

Ye, 1.88 is even better than 1.875.
Reply 76
so hopefully I got some marks cause I did the right method :smile: just the wrong answer its been bugging me since yesterday, I've actually been depressed cause I thought I would do well.... oh well roll on C1 and C2
yeh sure i think i should be more worried than you because three sig fig is the most common
Reply 78
Dragonkiller
Just turn it into a triangle, and use the sine rule twice.

When it said R was 50 degrees away from Q, did that mean it was between both P and Q?

Thats where I put it and lol I started working out the vertical and horizontal components of the 15N force and then using that to form a right angle triangle.

Oh well, I found the rest of the paper straight forward *i think*.
Reply 79
hey you see that forces in vectors form 6i+8j thing did they want the magnitude or just leave it in the form of vectors cos i think i remember it didnt say leave as magnitude of whatever it was

Latest