The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why would Mobeen aim to acheive high capacity utilization?

That was 1 of the 5, my minds gone blank :/
Reply 2
Capacity utilisation is concerned with how resources are used to produce actual output, which is compared to the maximum potential output.

Some of the key points
- High CU allows Mobeen to cover for their fixed cost.
- High Cu enables higher sales and profit
- More chairs and tables are utilised. which reduces wasted investment.
Reply 3
AHHHH comepletly forgot about the more chairs and tables...ahh bummer

advantages of recruitment externally....

i wrote a paragraph on question 4 about the quality control...ran outa bloody time
and wrote a page n half on the onie on just in time...which was annoying cos we had to analyse it...

the centralisation question was good tho
Johnny2007
Capacity utilisation is concerned with how resources are used to produce actual output, which is compared to the maximum potential output.

Some of the key points
- High CU allows Mobeen to cover for their fixed cost.
- High Cu enables higher sales and profit
- More chairs and tables are utilised. which reduces wasted investment.

I also wrote about less storage costs and finance available to expand into Europe.Food is of persihable nature so it goes to waste if they do not have high capacity utilisation and that they can not offer high quality food if capacity utilisation is low as food quality gets bad if it isnt used fresh.
Is it right?
How were you supposed toi attemt the stakeholder conflicts questions???
I was completely lost on that!
Reply 6
Yeh i took less storage, and persiahble food route, seems correct to me.
Reply 7
I thought Unit 3 was by far the hardest.
Reply 8
tempted_angel
How were you supposed toi attemt the stakeholder conflicts questions???
I was completely lost on that!

i just defined stakeholders for some knowledge marks.. i then described some of the conflicts, for example when local community complained about the smoke and smell, and i said how and if it effected the growth of the business.. i also talked about the continuous conflict between marks expansion plans and sukis social responsibilities.. and other issues including the crisis with the suppliers due to the channel 4 reprt... i evaluated and said the conflicts didnt really effect the growth of the business as it grew very fast but some of the conflicts may of had a small delay on it.. also since mark had 51% of the business what he said was what happened, therefore sukis conflict didnt have much affect.
kontrol
i just defined stakeholders for some knowledge marks.. i then described some of the conflicts, for example when local community complained about the smoke and smell, and i said how and if it effected the growth of the business.. i also talked about the continuous conflict between marks expansion plans and sukis social responsibilities.. and other issues including the crisis with the suppliers due to the channel 4 reprt... i evaluated and said the conflicts didnt really effect the growth of the business as it grew very fast but some of the conflicts may of had a small delay on it.. also since mark had 51% of the business what he said was what happened, therefore sukis conflict didnt have much affect.

Oh noo...I forgot about local community and customers being stakeholders:eek:
I included the conflict between owners,manager and employees,and manager and supplier at Chelsea.And ended the question by concluding that despite all conflicts it was still growing and expanding andd succesful.But it depend on how you measure success,whether in terms of expansion as Mark and Raj wanted or good image...
What about internal factors(strenghts or weaknesses) that might attract shareholders?
How did every1 attempt that?
Reply 11
Unit 2 was easier than Unit 3.

The internal factor question in Unit 3 I lost marks on.
Reply 12
Unit 2 was by far the easier paper.
Yeh Unit 2 was easier but its only worth 15% (just like unit 1)of total A level grade.And unit 3 is 20% so it had to be hard!
Oopz dis was supposed to be Unit 2 only...I was asking unit 3 q'z.
LoL.Soz!
kontrol

i wrote about the disgruntled employee who reported to channel 4, i thought employees were stakeholders :s-smilie:
Reply 16
an_end_has_a_start
i wrote about the disgruntled employee who reported to channel 4, i thought employees were stakeholders :s-smilie:

employees are stakeholders!
Dalvosaber
employees are stakeholders!

oh good :-) my mind is at rest haha
Reply 18
anyone list the questions?
Reply 19
a) explain 2 possible reasons why mobeen have chosen to recruit externally.

b) how critical was just-in-time for mobeen's succes?

c) name 2 benefits of high capacity utilisation for mobeen.

d) arguments for and against centralisation.

something like that