The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was really good and fair.. a lot of the questions in the words of my teacher were "gives". A lot of people came out at my school smiling and confident.

Rural Land Resources the first question on paper 2 I thought was badly worded but that was it mainly. How well do you think you done?
Reply 2
We've had that map out for the coast in class before! I was really happy with that! Im glad no glaciation came up, but paper 2 the timing was a little tight and i didnt have time to check anything :frown:
Reply 3
Lesjordans
We've had that map out for the coast in class before! I was really happy with that! Im glad no glaciation came up, but paper 2 the timing was a little tight and i didnt have time to check anything :frown:

So did we.. I saw the map and thought.. I've seen that before and it was a question in a book that was more or less the same as the one in the question.
sjames06
So did we.. I saw the map and thought.. I've seen that before and it was a question in a book that was more or less the same as the one in the question.

same here, was abit annoyed it was coastal though
we didnt do much of it

16 marks climax vegetation, was ragin.
paper 2 was a gift! i was praying for limestone:biggrin:
Paper 1 was ok ... don't think i did well in the coast question though ... or the traffic one.

Paper 2 - for Rural Land Resources - my mind went completely blank when i was doing a limestone pavement but Development and Health were ok.
Reply 6
I couldn't believe paper 2...I couldn't stop smiling XD
Paper 1...erm, there were a few I didn't like - the very first question got me a bit =P We hadn't done much mapwork at all for coasts but part b was easy. Urban was another I didn't like too much, I didn't write nearly enough for part a.
We'll just have to wait and see :smile:
Reply 7
Gutted at paper 2 being limestone... meant to revise it this morning but slept in and did demographic transition module with what time i had... which paid off lol.

Biosphere was awful! :frown:

Development and health was really good!

I'm thinking I'll get a B. Shame coz i've been predicted an A all year. :frown:
Reply 8
first paper was good i thought, coasts was easy, biosphere i learnt and memorised sand dunes last night for the first time - lucky!
urban was kinda hard and i didnt revise the traffic stuff but luckily it all came back to me from like months ago. atmosphere was easy marks on global warming tho.

paper 2...bit sketchy but hopefully i got marks, i got mixed with stalagmites and stalactites but i guessed and luckily it was right. couldnt believe the health part was so short.
all in all bit of a lucky escape i think...
Reply 9
k-l-m
first paper was good i thought, coasts was easy, biosphere i learnt and memorised sand dunes last night for the first time - lucky!
urban was kinda hard and i didnt revise the traffic stuff but luckily it all came back to me from like months ago. atmosphere was easy marks on global warming tho.

paper 2...bit sketchy but hopefully i got marks, i got mixed with stalagmites and stalactites but i guessed and luckily it was right. couldnt believe the health part was so short.
all in all bit of a lucky escape i think...

:L i revised Sand Dunes last night after not doing them since December. Thank God :L 16 Marks?! aaahh! Im so glad i revised last night :biggrin:

I felt in paper 1 the Demographic question was worded with difficulty. Rather annoying.
Paper 2, Development and Health i was so shocked that they had a question for Differences WITHIN a country and a question for Differenced BETWEEN countries :O:L its usually one or the other!
Did anyone forget to put their chosen questions in the marking grid at the back!? :s-smilie:

I wrote only the question numbers, but not the sub questions e.g. 1- a,b,c i) ii) etc. i only wrote like 1,2,3,4,5,8 aahhh Hope they dont mind?!
Reply 11
Lol our invigilators like 'You must fill in your resumé on the back..." And we're like "yeah... here where it says FOR MARKERS USE ONLY???" "Yes there,"

I didnt put sub questions
Reply 12
Geog_Magz
Lol our invigilators like 'You must fill in your resumé on the back..." And we're like "yeah... here where it says FOR MARKERS USE ONLY???" "Yes there,"

I didnt put sub questions

Ah we got that too! I was thinking...are you sure? :s-smilie: I forgot to put sub questions too...oops :p:
Reply 13
i was the only one to remember in the hall to do it, the invidulators were clueless so when we came back in for the second paper they were like yea forgot to say....

i didnt put sub questions
Reply 14
i found paper 1 a bit hard. First question was fairly straight forward. I forgot to mention the spit though:P i described it though!

Second question was straight forward dunes are easy peasy:P

Question 3 and 4 i was a bit lost:| especially that stupid traffic question! ive never seen that in my life. i am so gutted nothing came up about an out of town shopping centre. My class studied the Braehead centre like a bitch. i know that place better than the owners :smile:

And also paper 2 was straight forward.

Can i ask this, did anyone actually complete every single question?

i always had to leave one out because i run out of time. they make the papers too long i think.
Reply 15
i managed all the questions but didnt have time to check over so hope there was no stupid mistakes!...the coastal question was funny i had wrote about the deposition and erosion features and came out n went to see my teacher...she was lik well u obv wrote about the bay and the headland(the biggest and most obvious things now i look at it) and i missed out the biggest and most in your face features but i wrote about alot of other features anyway...
Reply 16
jamestodd9
i managed all the questions but didnt have time to check over so hope there was no stupid mistakes!...the coastal question was funny i had wrote about the deposition and erosion features and came out n went to see my teacher...she was lik well u obv wrote about the bay and the headland(the biggest and most obvious things now i look at it) and i missed out the biggest and most in your face features but i wrote about alot of other features anyway...

aw well. at least you didnt miss out an 8 mark question!

i sacrificed the 8 mark for a 12 mark on developement and health.
Reply 17
I was always writing at the end but i wrote a good amount for every question. My hand was aching by the end though!
Reply 18
Geog_Magz
I was always writing at the end but i wrote a good amount for every question. My hand was aching by the end though!

yeah at the very end when the invidulator was like "5 minutes left" i **** myself and just went into turbo mode in writing, i cant believe how much more i wrote in 5 minutes. i managed to do 1 twelve mark question and half a 12 mark.

Unbelievable :|
Reply 19
well 2 people in my class did all 8 of the questions for paper 1

Latest

Trending

Trending