The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Luck.

On a more serious note, I have no idea. I was rejected last year with 8 A*s and 2 As at GCSE, and a 4-A prediction for A Level. My personal statement was decent, but I was short-listed in January and rejected at the end of March. Just put in the best application that you can and hopefully you'll be lucky.
Reply 2
*River
Luck.

Lol :biggrin::p:
Reply 3
Most good univerisites are compettive for history. LSE is a great place, quite strong unsurprisingly on economic history. Strategy for success is same as at all others grades and PS good show passion for subject, submit early. Then hope your application gets read on a good day.
Reply 4
They're pretty picky with your PS, on all subjects. http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/undergraduateAdmissions/AdmissionsCriteria/international_history.htm is a good resource for applying, assuming you decide on BA International History, as opposed to the BSc Economic History. I chose the later for various reasons.

Good luck.
Reply 5
LSE is obviously very competitive for history, nevertheless I'd suggest you look carefully at what kind of course they propose as most people who are passionate about history won't enjoy the very international-orientated approach especially in the first year. I have a friend who really didn't enjoy the way it was taught and now thinks she would have probably preffered a more "traditional" history course.
More than that I cannot say as I'm not studying there (but have seen most of their course outlines and past exam papers)
Reply 6
tomen123
Does anyone here do BA History at LSE or is applying there

I looked on the website and it looks like a hard one as only around 7% of the applicants get a place despite them only asking for AAB and not requiring A-Level history

SO what is the criterion for getting in??????
One of them is looking past the "prestige" factor at the actual content of the courses they offer and making sure that your PS reflects interests that are consistent with that. For example, a PS that shows you are mainly interested in medieval history won't get you anywhere with LSE, no matter how stellar your grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending