The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well according to my textbook it is Microwave, at least!
Reply 21
does anyone know what the grade boundaries are likely to be in units one two and three?
Mathematician!
Exactly. Radio and gamma? That is what my friend put too! I put UV and Infrared lol.

i did microwaves and x-rays.

for the table in question 1, what did you put as the type of wave in the 3rd row?
i put microwave.
Same. And the grade boundary is high. Still going to be around 80%.
Reply 24
i put microwaves aswell...XD
--GRade boundaries anyone?
k4j8i5a
does anyone know what the grade boundaries are likely to be in units one two and three?

68% paper 1 for A
64% paper 2 for A
thats my guess
Callipygian
68% paper 1 for A
64% paper 2 for A
thats my guess

nah i think they will be higher.
Module 1- 78 - 75%
Module 2- 74 - 70%
alexsheppard11
Module 1- 78 - 75%
Module 2- 74 - 70%

Hmmm, I thought they were about the same difficulty as the two pratice papers I did which i think were around high 60s
Ahh well doesn't matter
This was the third time I sat the PHB1 paper , the first two times I got 70 and 74 - just to make sure I get an A.I went through the paper backwards starting with Q10 and that question wasn't too bad in the end once you think about it (It was a case of appreciating drag due to increased frontal area of the cannonball over the musket ball) and that this wasn't the case with the tennis ball.Question 8 was annoying , the methods Physics use are rather primitive for my liking , but I did come out with reasonable values.Question 6 - I forgot to halve the force I got thanks because of the fact the person was lying along the centre line.

Section A had a few tricky questions , the one on defining a volt came especially although I'm much better with the circuit stuff than before.
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
Question 6 - I forgot to halve the force I got thanks because of the fact the person was lying along the centre line.
Section A had a few tricky questions , the one on defining a volt came especially although I'm much better with the circuit stuff than before.

yes for my Fa and Fb i got about 500 after i halved it, and for the other one i think i got around 700, but im not too sure.

for defining p.d. i said it is energy converted per unit charge.
for defining a volt, i said there will be 1V if there is a current of 1A and resistance of 1 ohm.
Reply 30
how many marks was that moments question? ...i think i might have made ALOT of mistakes in that!!!
Hmm... I think there were like 12 marks altogether for the moments question (forgive me if I am wrong).
alexsheppard11
Module 1- 78 - 75%
Module 2- 74 - 70%

Nah I think they will be higher.
Module 1- 120%
Module 2- 150%

Just kidding! I just could not resist.

Really I think it will be:

Module 1- 70%
Module 2- 65%
Reply 33
Right...what do u guys get for the normal reaction force A.....
Was it something like...
Fa x *your d* = 943N x *d* + 1334N x *d*
* the d calculated in previous part!
Reply 34
* cant remember the exact values for the 2 downward forces!
ok using letters i wish to use....
the normal reaction at A = leg1 + leg2

therefore in the moments equation you work out A and since the person is lying down the middle, leg1 and leg2 both get half the weight.

therefore when in the question it asks for Fa, it is half the value of A.
Reply 36
oooo...i think i missed that one out....what about for the 2 other 2 parts of the question..
Fb
and which past of the bed will have smallest force acting on the floor?
memenme_1
oooo...i think i missed that one out....what about for the 2 other 2 parts of the question..
Fb
and which past of the bed will have smallest force acting on the floor?

i think it was C?
the one in the top right.
because it was the furthest away from the centre of masses so the moments will be the least.
Reply 38
I put C for the same reasons (centres of mass)
Thanks for the boundaries - any guesses for the practical one?

Latest