The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah, I'm doing this tomorrow. I've taught myself this module - so it's going to be difficult! Tbh, I thought this was easier than D1. What do you reckon is the hardest bit?
Reply 2
Cool, I've taught myself it too. Yeah, I prefer it to D1. The hardest bit is probably when simplex is used for 3x3 games, though I'm hoping (and presuming) they'll test dominance in the game question so it won't end up as a 3x3 :biggrin: . It's not hard as such, just a pain to remember if you know what I mean!
Reply 3
yh i'm doing the paper too and guess what-its self taught. I have a feelin they'll probably bring dominance but who knows they could give us some ugly 4x4 which may still reduce to a 3x3. Have any off you guys got the answers to the past papers
03-06?
Reply 4
I don't, but I could do with the papers :p: fancy uploading them to www.yousendit.com and giving me a PM with the links to them please :smile: ?
Reply 5
I'm self taught as well - do any schools actually teach this? If a full simplex question comes up it will be a real pain - it's so easy to make a small mistake in all the working. But really I thinkit is a lot easier than D1.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow!
Reply 6
I've seen a few papers, and they haven't asked you to solve using simplex. They either ask you to do it graphically (for 2x2 and 2x3), or just to fully formulate a 3x3.

I don't know why, but I keep messing up shadow costs/improvement indices. For example, I did a transportation question just before, got the right answer in the end, but all my shadow costs were wrong!
Reply 7
Good luck everyone, I'm going off to bed now :smile: . *Prays for no simplex question* :p: ...
Reply 8
So... thoughts? I thought the paper was nice enough, didn't like the definitions on Q1 though, I never like definition questions :p: . Did anyone get caught out and minimise on the Hungarian algorithm question? I imagine they got quite a few people with that!
Reply 9
Messed up the definitions at the start - what is a walk??
Reply 10
RJA
Messed up the definitions at the start - what is a walk??

It's a continuous journey around a path, That definition is in D1! Don't know whethers it's mentioned in D2 because i don't do it.
in the D2 book, a walk is defined as "a finite sequences of edges such that the end vertex of one edge is the start vertex of the next"

Latest