The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hi, I'm doing all three exams tomorrow, pretty nervous about, especially Tok! dont really have any bril notes, but my teacher seems to think the c) qs will be on idealism or rationalism! fingers crossed! Are you doing sartre?
Reply 2
Warda
hi, I'm doing all three exams tomorrow, pretty nervous about, especially Tok! dont really have any bril notes, but my teacher seems to think the c) qs will be on idealism or rationalism! fingers crossed! Are you doing sartre?

Yep yep I am doing Sartre!Yayy I finally found someone else who is doing E & H..
Yeah my teacher seems to think idealism or scepticism or rationalism,for TOK.
Hows your moral philosophy?
Reply 3
I'm doing units 1&3, they are resits. I got U's in them both last year...oops! It's likely that idealism/rationalism will come up; it was empiricism last year, along with naive realism I believe. I'm doing Plato for unit 3; I like him quite a lot, so am revising quite hard for unit 3.
Reply 4
Its so annoying,that there are no Jan exams for this:frown: Scares the hell outta me..
Reply 5
It is annoying, seeing as they will be my 4th and 5th exams this week, AND it's my last day of Year 13 tomorrow, and cannot enjoy the afternoon, as I will be stuck in the exam room :frown:
Reply 6
Esma
Yep yep I am doing Sartre!Yayy I finally found someone else who is doing E & H..
Yeah my teacher seems to think idealism or scepticism or rationalism,for TOK.
Hows your moral philosophy?

haha, true, very few people do sartre, but i like him though. Am feeling quite optimistic about moral philosophy, think the c) qs will be on utilitarianism! what do you reckon for sartre? I personally thought maybe an asses qs on freedom and its implications -anguish, abondement, despair?
Reply 7
Warda
haha, true, very few people do sartre, but i like him though. Am feeling quite optimistic about moral philosophy, think the c) qs will be on utilitarianism! what do you reckon for sartre? I personally thought maybe an asses qs on freedom and its implications -anguish, abondement, despair?

Sartre is a bit of a hard one to predict seeing as there is only one question to choose from,however I am thinking something to do with Freedom..hey wait that's what you said!Lol yeah Im thinking freedom too..
OOoh Unit 2,Im sort of preparing myself for a Utilitarianism+an issue,like abortion,animal welfare,euthanasia..
Eeekk..Philosophy is wierd though,you can literally go over everything in a few hours..
Reply 8
Esma
Sartre is a bit of a hard one to predict seeing as there is only one question to choose from,however I am thinking something to do with Freedom..hey wait that's what you said!Lol yeah Im thinking freedom too..
OOoh Unit 2,Im sort of preparing myself for a Utilitarianism+an issue,like abortion,animal welfare,euthanasia..
Eeekk..Philosophy is wierd though,you can literally go over everything in a few hours..

Im most worried about Tok! its true though, I have a feeling that I don't know enough but as I'm reading things over I do all know it, jus nervous I guess! Do u know any qoutes for sarte? I hardly know any! btw if there is a question on utilitarianism + issue, when you're evaluating it, do you constantly refer to the issue or state the strengths and weaknesses of utilitarianism in general?
Reply 9
Warda
Im most worried about Tok! its true though, I have a feeling that I don't know enough but as I'm reading things over I do all know it, jus nervous I guess! Do u know any qoutes for sarte? I hardly know any! btw if there is a question on utilitarianism + issue, when you're evaluating it, do you constantly refer to the issue or state the strengths and weaknesses of utilitarianism in general?

personally i would do it from the angle of pref utilitarianism,and say about maximising satisfaction of all those involved(P Singer's theory)..and just talk abt the foetus being a homo sapien..it does not have the potential to reflect..HOWEVER *dingding* if utilitarianism is a consequentialist theory,it shud take into account that the foetus has the potential to reflect etc..and then take stance after 4 eval points.
Reply 10
Esma
personally i would do it from the angle of pref utilitarianism,and say about maximising satisfaction of all those involved(P Singer's theory)..and just talk abt the foetus being a homo sapien..it does not have the potential to reflect..HOWEVER *dingding* if utilitarianism is a consequentialist theory,it shud take into account that the foetus has the potential to reflect etc..and then take stance after 4 eval points.

Ok, makes sense, thanks! btw u know in Tok, do u know the difference between simple and complex ideas and primary and secondary qualities?