The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hard
Reply 2
Same
The questions were easy, but they asked about some pretty obscue content considering it was supposed to be in relation to the articles :mad: Damn cortex thingy
Reply 4
Exactly! It was nothing to do with the case study! Hey what did everyone get for the physics question where you had to find speed? it was so hard!
Reply 5
Hard.

What on earth was the Ecstasy question about?
I found that exam so hard. i think it is the worst of my science exams to date :frown: and to think i did so much revision
Its the toughest in our course cause you never know exactly what to revise as todays paper proved, the physics speed one was the root of 30, 5.477 or soemthing
does anyone have any guess as to what the boundary levels may be?
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publications/mark_schemes/L_GCSE_Add_Science_A_J631_MS_Jan_08.pdf Page 40.

When converted to UMS this is out of 50, so around the same boundaris as B4,C4,P4. That was 45-A*,40-A,35-B,30-C,25-D.

The whole course if out of 300. Coursework is 100 marks, each of the BCP 4,5,6 is worth 50, and ideas 50.
Reply 10
Well if you look at the report for GCSE Science June 2007, the ideas paper was 25 out of 40 for an A*. I would expect them to be lower this year because I think this paper was harder than last year's.

EDIT: Here is the report. A214/02 was the higher ideas paper last year. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publications/reports/GCSE_Twenty_First_Century_Science_Report_June_2007.pdf
Give us a link :smile:
EDIT: thanks lol

Ok that isnt our course, we are additional science and yes we are first year to take it http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse/science_twentyfirst_century_science_a_additional_science/documents.html

It has 2007 report at bottom, but its incomplete, read my post above, thats our most accurate estimate
Reply 12
I should have said A214/02, sorry :smile:
flugelr
Hard.

What on earth was the Ecstasy question about?

Lol - who gives babies ecstasy anyway? :p:

I think the first part wanted you to say that the babies wouldn't gasp enough - they'd only do it once because the serotonin isn't reuptaken, so they can't gasp for air and suffocate (that's what I put anyway :s-smilie:).

I also happen to know ecstasy leads to poor concentration, so I think that was the "one other effect" they wanted.

What did everyone put for the cerebral cortex part? I hazarded a guess that the medulla might be part of the cerebral cortex, so I put breathing and blood pressure. I think I might go and look it up...

I think I did OK, but overall not too happy with the style of questions :frown:
Reply 14
the report wont have the ideas in context paper on for additional because we were the first year to take it,
Reply 15
Ziffachan
Well if you look at the report for GCSE Science June 2007, the ideas paper was 25 out of 40 for an A*. I would expect them to be lower this year because I think this paper was harder than last year's.

EDIT: Here is the report. A214/02 was the higher ideas paper last year. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publications/reports/GCSE_Twenty_First_Century_Science_Report_June_2007.pdf

25/40???

That sounds VERY low for an A*
If I understand correctly?!
Reply 16
Yes, I was amazed at that.

No wonder I got 50/50 for ideas last year :eek:

And i felt so clever too :redface:
smith457
25/40???

That sounds VERY low for an A*
If I understand correctly?!

^^ Lucky it isnt our spec :smile: im going for dinner
Well, at least we haven't failed then if we only need half marks for an A* :^_^:

Sorry, I was trying to be optimistic. Really I feel like all of you...
Reply 19
LearningMath
^^ Lucky it isnt our spec :smile: im going for dinner

I know, but we can expect the boundaries for this year's ideas paper to be similar to last year's even though it's a different course. Last year we were the first to do it and it's the same this year, so the boundaries will be similar.

Well I would guess lower, because it was much harder than last year's.

Latest