The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry is way easier than Biology. I dont see why people say Biology is easier when it is just memorising stuff.

Chemistry is more intelligience based, Biology is just memorising, a soft subject in my opinion.

I did both Chem and Bio till A2 (doing exams now :s-smilie: ), Chem is way easier than Bio. Bio you have too much to memorise, and majority of the stuff that you learn wont come up in Bio.

Take chemistry, its easier IF you are smarter. If you are good at memorising, take bio.

Its up 2 you.
Reply 41
johnheyes91
Chemistry is way easier than Biology. I dont see why people say Biology is easier when it is just memorising stuff.

Chemistry is more intelligience based, Biology is just memorising, a soft subject in my opinion.

I did both Chem and Bio till A2 (doing exams now :s-smilie: ), Chem is way easier than Bio. Bio you have too much to memorise, and majority of the stuff that you learn wont come up in Bio.

Take chemistry, its easier IF you are smarter. If you are good at memorising, take bio.

Its up 2 you.

See, this is the kind of snobbery I dislike.

Chemistry is not more "intelligence based". You don't have to be intelligent per se to be good at chemistry, you just have to have an aptitude for chemistry - likewise for any other science, or indeed any other subject.

Also, I struggle to see how you can conclude that Biology is a "soft subject" when the running theme of your post is that Chemistry is the easier of the two.
Reply 42
Agreed.

They both have their fair share of facts, but chemistry is also mathematical, whereas biology is purely facts - no equations etc

In the end, it depends on what you're good at - if you're good at maths and physics then chemistry is likely to be yor better bet, if you prefer arts (english/history etc), then biology is likely to suit you better.
Reply 43
in my opinion they both require memorising stuff e.g u get to memorise reaction & equations, conditions and catalyst involved to do well in organic chem but biology i'll say is 90% all about craming.........
some ppl can do well in both while others cant but i believe that wit lots of practice & hardwork one can easily do well in both

Latest