The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why not try hold ups instead of tights if they keep slipping.
I found that Pretty Polly ladder REALLY easily. x.x;
Reply 3
*Sparkle*
Why not try hold ups instead of tights if they keep slipping.

Hold ups. Didn't know what they were. I just had to go and look them up!
I don't think I could wear those with this!

http://www.belfasthigh.co.uk/media/neatgirl.jpg

Surely they must grip the top of your thigh and be uncomfortable as well?

Alex.
Reply 4
Primark tights - they're quite good quality but because they're only a quid, if they ladder or suddenly disintegrate you can always buy some more :biggrin:

But if you're willing to spend the money then M&S ones are proper quality.
Reply 5
Booberinho
Primark tights - they're quite good quality but because they're only a quid, if they ladder or suddenly disintegrate you can always buy some more :biggrin:

But if you're willing to spend the money then M&S ones are proper quality.

I have tried the Primark ones. They aren't very good and I keep having to pull them up. Not tried M&S ones though.
Reply 6
irishgalalex
I have tried the Primark ones. They aren't very good and I keep having to pull them up. Not tried M&S ones though.

Sounds like you've got the wrong size then.

But yeah the M&S ones are pure class :biggrin:
I like pretty polly a lot. Or the ones you can get in boots that come in little individually wrapped sachets. They're brilliant because you can put another pair in your bag when you go out in case you ladder the ones you're wearing. Plus they say up nicely for me.

I like atmosphere bodyshaping tights when I'm going out and want my legs to look very shapely..and they can flatten your stomach :smile:
Reply 8
fredscarecrow
I like pretty polly a lot. Or the ones you can get in boots that come in little individually wrapped sachets. They're brilliant because you can put another pair in your bag when you go out in case you ladder the ones you're wearing. Plus they say up nicely for me.

I like atmosphere bodyshaping tights when I'm going out and want my legs to look very shapely..and they can flatten your stomach :smile:

Do you find pretty polly ones slip down much?
i have some from
mytights.com

and they pretty okay :smile:
irishgalalex
Do you find pretty polly ones slip down much?

Not to the extent that I've noticed it, or thought not to buy them :smile: I imagine it depends on the shape of your leg, maybe?
Reply 11
Try stockings and suspenders? Comfy :smile:

Look at StockingsHq

Or wear holdups with the suspenders.

Or you can get a spray which helps holdups to stay up.

Nothing wrong with wearing with your school uniform!

Charnos make really good tights.. pretty cheap, 3 for £5. I get their natural colour ones.

My black opaque tights are from H&M. Not so good.But I bought a pair for £6 once they're amazing.
I dont wear tights but apparently Falke are good.
Reply 13
If your tights keep slipping down then you probably need a bigger size. The ones I have that are 'small' size tend to slip down, but most of my tights are medium and they're good.
Reply 14
MilliBilli
Try stockings and suspenders? Comfy :smile:

Look at StockingsHq

Or wear holdups with the suspenders.

Or you can get a spray which helps holdups to stay up.

Nothing wrong with wearing with your school uniform!

Charnos make really good tights.. pretty cheap, 3 for £5. I get their natural colour ones.

My black opaque tights are from H&M. Not so good.But I bought a pair for £6 once they're amazing.

I couldn't wear holdups with my uniform! Could I?

They must be uncomfortable at the top of your thigh?

Anythings got to be better than fighting with tights slipping down all day though.
irishgalalex

Anythings got to be better than fighting with tights slipping down all day though.

Yeh, of course you can, they look just like tights. They're not expensive, you can buy a single pair and take a pair of tights in your bag and if they're too uncomfortable go and change them. I don't like them much, but my friends wore them a lot.
m&s allllwaysss
and bhs- bhs never seem to lose their stretch and are more supple than m&s- but then m&s are a bit sitffer which is nice
Reply 17
irishgalalex

Cheap hold-ups slip. Plus you can't just put them in the washing machine, ruins the grip, need hand washing (you can't wash the bit that grips). Found that out the hard way... had to stop on way to school bus stop and take them off!

Stockings and suspenders are comfy, don't rule them out.

Of course you can wear it under uniform! Who can tell?
Reply 18
*Sparkle*
Yeh, of course you can, they look just like tights. They're not expensive, you can buy a single pair and take a pair of tights in your bag and if they're too uncomfortable go and change them. I don't like them much, but my friends wore them a lot.

I'm not sure whether I would dare to wear them at school. I mean I get it they look like tights but if your skirt rides up or anything without you noticing its going to be a bit noticable! I think I would be dead scared they'd slip down as well!
Reply 19
irishgalalex
I'm not sure whether I would dare to wear them at school. I mean I get it they look like tights but if your skirt rides up or anything without you noticing its going to be a bit noticable! I think I would be dead scared they'd slip down as well!

Just try it. They won't slip unwashed the first time you wear them. Promise. Take a pair of tights with you. Or just wear some at the weekend around the house to try it first.

Latest