The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I struggled with that question too
Did anyone get a pattern in the MC answers?
Reply 2
ryan92
I struggled with that question too
Did anyone get a pattern in the MC answers?

I didn't check lol, but there was a pattern in the higher maths 2008 paper :smile:
Reply 3
lol :P
I seemed to, at one point, get D,C,D,C
Reply 4
ryan92
lol :P
I seemed to, at one point, get D,C,D,C

I asked if I could leave early because i was finished so couldn't take my paper :-(

Can someone scan it and post it?
Reply 5
My multi-choice answers:

D A B C D C D E E D A B E C A B B C C D

The LED question was quite mean. I got it wrong (wrote blue on instead of yellow on, and I was on the right track too! :frown: )
Reply 6
What did everyone get for the multiple choice i got
1A
2A
3C
4C
5D
6C
7D
8E
9E
10D
11C
12B
13E
14C
15A
16B
17E
18D
19A
20B

i done really bad in the rest of the paper, what did everyone get for 21a, 24 and 25
Reply 7
21a I think I got 42 metres.
That's encouraging...I got the exact same multi choice answers as you did BillyLiu :biggrin:

I think all in all it was a pretty fair paper.
I had to laugh at myself in the exam though cause i was sitting for ages trying to work out how to do 26b)i where you had to prove the LDR voltage was 7.5 then i realised that it was a simple, standard grade potential divider question. I still can't believe how stupid i was, although it's as well i got it in the end otherwise that would have been rather embarassing!!

I hope everyone got on okay :biggrin:
Reply 9
I thought the paper was reallllllyyyyy challenging but fair i suppose. That LED one i just guessed yellow and hoped for a mark because i couldnt justify it! Hopefully i'll get a good mark
Reply 10
Lesjordans
I thought the paper was reallllllyyyyy challenging but fair i suppose. That LED one i just guessed yellow and hoped for a mark because i couldnt justify it! Hopefully i'll get a good mark

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you'll get any marks if you don't justify it. In physics, terms, it's like an AND gate, you need an answer and a justification to get one or two marks, even if the justification is wrong.
Sorry if anyone disagrees but i thought it was the easiest paper i have seen for a long time in higher physics.
Reply 12
Study_to_Fly
Sorry if anyone disagrees but i thought it was the easiest paper i have seen for a long time in higher physics.

I actually do agree. In comparison to the 2007 paper for a start, it was hellishly easy. I thought the "If this variable is changed, will X be bigger or smaller" questions were pretty decent this time.
Reply 13
Hi Every1,

for the multiple choice i got,

1. D
2.A
3.D
4.C
5.D
6.C
7.D
8.C
9.E
10.B
11.B
12.B
13.E
14.C
15.A
16.B
17.B
18.C
19.C
20.D
Reply 14
THANK GOODNESS IT IS OVER!

what were people's general views of it then?
Reply 15
for 21(a) i got 42m but it was minus so i changed it and ended up getting 50 ! :frown::frown:
Reply 16
For that question with the wheatsstone brige and LED's.

What did everyone get for the Vo . I got -2.1 but eevryone else seemed to get 2.1 :frown: ?
Reply 17
what equation did you use for 21, i used v= u + at to get the time but i ended up getting 18 as my answer:frown:
Reply 18
I got the same as you Billy Liu minus one - I put E instead of A for 15. Looking at it again, I'm wrong. :biggrin:

We'd been over the LED question only once before in class. I think I got the general gist of it, hopefully.
And 24, with the two batteries stumped me. What did people get for that?

A much better paper than previous years, I think. :biggrin:
Reply 19
harveym
what equation did you use for 21, i used v= u + at to get the time but i ended up getting 18 as my answer:frown:

v^2 = u^2 + 2as?