The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meteorshower
It's old news now :p:

Indeed. :frown:

But university isn't! :p: :biggrin:
Reply 441
ukdragon37
Probably not, the SQA sorts the papers I think before they are sent out to markers (by Royal Mail I heard, so there's a chance of bags of scripts lying on a marker's front door unattended). And in any case, the marker could just pocket the £20 and still mark you wrong, there's no way you can force him to uphold his end of the bargain.

Damn :frown: Thats my weekly tuppence down the drain then :frown:
Reply 442
I thought the paper was quite simple!
Reply 443
For the one about a point source, did anyone write that it wasn't a point source due to the irradiance decreasing as the distance increased :s-smilie:

I remember doing a wee bit of private research on Lasers (being a point source) and I read that the intensity increased with distance :s-smilie: , wasnt sure if this was valid or not :frown: .
Irradiance does decrease with distance, and that happens wether it's a point source or not, but the way to prove this wasn't one was that I*d^2 was not a constant for the three values
Jord91
For the one about a point source, did anyone write that it wasn't a point source due to the irradiance decreasing as the distance increased :s-smilie:

I remember doing a wee bit of private research on Lasers (being a point source) and I read that the intensity increased with distance :s-smilie: , wasnt sure if this was valid or not :frown: .

Scholar: "An ideal point source is one which is infinitesimally small and radiates with equal irradiance in all directions." Seems to rule out lasers from being a point source :s-smilie:

In fact I remember reading somewhere that lasers are indeed not point sources and their irradiance remains constant at short distances.
Lasers aren't point sources, a point source emits light equally in every direction

Edit : sorry didn't read above post properly, i'm just repeating what Ukdragon said basically XD
Reply 447
ukdragon37
Scholar: "An ideal point source is one which is infinitesimally small and radiates with equal irradiance in all directions." Seems to rule out lasers from being a point source :s-smilie:

In fact I remember reading somewhere that lasers are indeed not point sources and their irradiance remains constant at short distances.

Woops :stupido2: I am a total Div :shy2: I wish I looked over that section, well more than just reading over it once :frown:

Latest