The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lou76854
What do you all predict will come up?
Phobias came up last summer and i can't remember the debate question last year.

for psychopathology see above.
for section two im doing Issues, which hasnt got the same amount of predictability as psychopathology. but heres my prediction anyway, take it with a pinch of salt...

Since June 2002 gender bias and non human animals have been there six times each.
Culture Bias, Socially Senstivie Research and Ethics with Human Participants have been there four each, but the Jan 08 question had Ethics with humans.
If i had to guess, id say Culture Bias, and/or socially senstitive research will come up.
Unit 5 is hard......but i think some of the topics are pretty easy once u get the hang of them! I've revised Depression.....that i find reli easy but OCD & Schizophrenia seem so hard. OCD has come up twice in a row so im guessin it won't come up again.

Issues- Gender & Cultural Bias are Extremely hard
while the ethical issues question is pretty easy cuz its like AS.
Just started revising on this. I've missed a lot of Unit 5 lessons because it's normally a Monday morning lesson and I prefer to sleep in! Just the truth. I'm on an A at the moment though so will be happy if I hold on to that!
Reply 23
Lou76854
I did actually find a pattern in the questions they asked for PYA4 last year for stereotypes, attribution and prejudice. This year the question should be on stereotypes.

If you look through all the past papers you'll notice they always go in this order-
Attribution
Prejudice
Stereotypes

Laura_Dora
just so people know, Schizophrenia looks most likely for psychopathology, depression is a runner up. this is based on the fact that there has been (in the whole existence of the paper) 5 questions on anxiety (with two of them in June 07, and Jan 08), 4 on depression, and only three on SZ, the last SZ question was in JUNE 06. as always no guarantees.

We have been told in our college that a Parcel Force van with AQA Psychology papers in it was stolen so AQA had to re-write all of the exam papers. So it looks like any patterns you've noticed won't apply now.
Reply 24
I got 267 ums for AS but coursework was a C in A2 so i need like 77ums in pya4 and 77ums pya5 to get an A overall! but so much to revise. im finding it hard. I dont know how to revise this year as ive had no psychology lessons all year due to being a 3rd year student. couldnt do A levels last year.
asos89
I got 267 ums for AS but coursework was a C in A2 so i need like 77ums in pya4 and 77ums pya5 to get an A overall! but so much to revise. im finding it hard. I dont know how to revise this year as ive had no psychology lessons all year due to being a 3rd year student. couldnt do A levels last year.

i'm in the exact same boat, we're just gonna have to revise a hell of alot more than everyone else because atleast everythings fresh in their minds :s-smilie:
jenkazza
We have been told in our college that a Parcel Force van with AQA Psychology papers in it was stolen so AQA had to re-write all of the exam papers. So it looks like any patterns you've noticed won't apply now.

bull **** why the **** would the psychology papers be distributed now if the first exams not untill another 2/3 weeks!!!!!!!!
Reply 27
eurghhh psychology revision is killing me this year ! paper 4 is by far the worst though!

does anybody know what ums marks you need to get a b or an a? tarr!
Reply 28
ive been ploughing through revision... its a complete arse and i hate it :frown:
i need a B overall to get into uni.
I got all Cs last yeah though.... and got a B in module 4 and an A in cwk... any idea of what i need to get a B?
il start panicking now..
*anon*
ive been ploughing through revision... its a complete arse and i hate it :frown:
i need a B overall to get into uni.
I got all Cs last yeah though.... and got a B in module 4 and an A in cwk... any idea of what i need to get a B?
il start panicking now..

It all depends on how many UMS points you have at the moment.
Reply 30
serious_man18
bull **** why the **** would the psychology papers be distributed now if the first exams not untill another 2/3 weeks!!!!!!!!

Umm, I don't lie... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7377375.stm
There has also been another thread on it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=569969
Reply 31
jenkazza

we'll that leaves me up **** creek.
theres no way i can learn everything in enough detail to get a high A.
Crapness.
Reply 32
After doing some reading online, ive found this letter AQA has sent centres. Its seems only Psychology AS (PYA1, 2, and 3) were affected, although i could be wrong.
The last page says 'The attached personalised list indicates the components affected...' None of the A2 units are on the list, so i hope they've not been changed.

Source: http://www.aqa.org.uk/news/LETTER_INSTRUCTIONS.PDF
My Teacher said that it was only the AS's that were affected.
Reply 34
Lou76854
It all depends on how many UMS points you have at the moment.

last year i got 62 64 and 68
im not sure on my cwk mark but it was an A so 50? im not sure...
x
Reply 35
panic over :biggrin:
Reply 36
*anon*
last year i got 62 64 and 68
im not sure on my cwk mark but it was an A so 50? im not sure...
x

what UMS score did you get in PYA4?
Reply 37
Laura_Dora
what UMS score did you get in PYA4?

i got a B-66
x
Reply 38
As we speak this thread is distracting me from my PYA4 revision! I think that exam is going to be harder than PYA5!!! I will be so pissed off if I don't get an A after all this work I have done!
Reply 39
Right, so for A/s you got a total of 194 UMS points.
Add PYA4 (66) and you have 260. The coursework is out of 90 UMS, last year an A was 72 or above, so for arguments sake lets say you got 72. Add that to the total and you have 335.
335 means even if you scored 0 in PYA5 youd still have a middle(ish) D, but it also means you need to score 85/120 UMS points in PYA5 to get the lowest possible B.
85/120 UMS points in PYA5 roughly works out to 67/94 marks.

Hope this helped

Latest