The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
jenkazza
Not too good :frown: I've abandoned it a bit & concentrated on other subjects with exams first. I'm going to do a schizo essay this afternoon though hopefully. What about you?

i abandoned revision for this aswell but kinda regreting it as only 2 weeks left, so revising a bit for it now. its hard as there is so much to remember for pya4 and pya5
Reply 61
For my revision, in alrite with Schizo, and a bit with OCD, but im finding Depression rele hard.
It's even more depressing learning about depression when you're already depressed lol.
Reply 63
iv completely abandoned revision for psychology and now i cant remember anything :s-smilie: im so screwed lol.

how are people revising it? i dont find it helpful to just read notes or books or whatever.
Reply 64
im just writing a load of notes up. and listening to these
http://www.reverbnation.com/psychologyalevel
:biggrin: in hope i can end up singing them like a song haha
Reply 65
For psychology i find the best way to revise is break all the info down into basic points, then arrange them on an A3 sheet using diff colours. It works well because each section is divided into bio then genetics, psychological then psychoanalysis, behaviourism etc. It's kind of like a spider diagram but i just use big square simple boxes with one topic e.g. behaviourism in it. Then blue tack them next to my bed in turns. It sounds simple but i find it really helpful for gettng it all clear and organised in my mind.
And don't just copy out all your notes really small into each box. Say for clincal characteristics of depression, just put emotional, motivational, somatic and cognitive, then force yourself to think of symptoms for each category. And for genetic causes just put genetics - Egeland - Amish.

I've got all high As so far so try it!
Reply 66
thanks rarara2 ill give that a go :biggrin:

haha and i just had a quick look at that site anon and listened to a schizo one . . . how did you not fall asleep?!?!
Reply 67
emilina

haha and i just had a quick look at that site anon and listened to a schizo one . . . how did you not fall asleep?!?!

hehe i have to admit it is boring but its different to notes and stuff :smile:
Reply 68
*anon*
hehe i have to admit it is boring but its different to notes and stuff :smile:

lol yeaa its better than reading :rolleyes: thanks :biggrin:
Reply 69
i have a bad feeling about this exam. i'm re-writing notes and making mindmaps but nothing is going in. *sigh*
Reply 70
Laura_Dora
i have a bad feeling about this exam. i'm re-writing notes and making mindmaps but nothing is going in. *sigh*

I know how you feel!
that reverbnation site is brilliant especially how u can follow her notes with the written ones..
im on a gap year, done sociology A2 - B (10 marks away from A so retaking unit 6) drama A2 - C (3 marks away from B so retaking unit 3) finishing psychology A2.. got bbb in AS and 51/60 in pya6 thats a B i think.. A is 54 .. any who my revision process is re-typing the books in my words then re-writing it, then doing colourful mind maps on A3 paper then doing Q papers hahahaha
Pls can anyone tell me what came up in January 2008 for the issues questions (SSR/culture bias/gender bias/ethics...)

cheers!
Reply 73
villa_boi_steve
Pls can anyone tell me what came up in January 2008 for the issues questions (SSR/culture bias/gender bias/ethics...)

cheers!

Jan 08 it was Gender Bias and Ethical issues with Human Participants :smile:
Reply 74
can ne1 give me some advise on how 2 revise 4 this exam, IM STUMPED!
Reply 75
Radiya101
can ne1 give me some advise on how 2 revise 4 this exam, IM STUMPED!

Have a look at the post above by rarara2 and have a look at the website posted above as well - it has audio revision notes you can download.

Edit - the website is http://www.reverbnation.com/psychologyalevel
Reply 76
jenkazza
Have a look at the post above by rarara2 and have a look at the website posted above as well - it has audio revision notes you can download.

Edit - the website is http://www.reverbnation.com/psychologyalevel

thnx that mkes mre sense
Reply 77
Does anyone know what questions came up in the January 08 exam? I want to know if behavioural therapies came up.
Reply 78
Laura_Dora
Jan 08 it was Gender Bias and Ethical issues with Human Participants :smile:

Don't suppose you remember exactly what they asked?
Reply 79
h3artie
Don't suppose you remember exactly what they asked?

A) Explain what is meant by the term gender bias (5 marks)
B)'Bias in psychological research has distored our inderstanding of male and female behaviour'.
Discuss gender bias in Psychological theories and/or studies. (25 marks)

Discuss ethical issues involved in psychological investigations using human participants. Refer to at least three psychological studies in your answer.
(30 marks)

Latest