The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
visesh
EDIT: Alaric/rosie: Have you met Philip Scott yet??

who??
Reply 21
Alaric
Oh, she tends to use her full name in text correspondence Hero Joy Nightingale isn't really ambiguous in the same sense. :smile:

Most often people just drop the Hero thinking it's some title she's attached to herself because of being disabled and call her Joy. :rolleyes:

Alaric.

haha, thats so random. wouldnt you have "heroine" if it was for that? (which is quite an odd thing to do anyway :confused:)
Reply 22
Alaric
who??

visesh, dude, he's been in bondage on my sofa bed. of course i have met him.

Alaric, he's a 2nd year compsci at Jesus.
Reply 23
visesh
Get me some for when I get back:smile: if you can.

don be pathetic, every self respecting teenager should have their own dealer.
Reply 24
crana9
visesh, dude, he's been in bondage on my sofa bed. of course i have met him.

I meant since you went to Cambridge :rolleyes: . Or did she-who-aspires-to-be-a-pole-dancer meet him? Same college n'est pas?
Reply 25
crana9
don be pathetic, every self respecting teenager should have their own dealer.

Mine is at UCL, and wont be back in time:wink:.
Reply 26
crana9
haha, thats so random. wouldnt you have "heroine" if it was for that? (which is quite an odd thing to do anyway :confused:)

Well quite, but maybe they assume that if she's in a wheelchair she's also too stupid to realise this :rolleyes:

There are some very strange people around, at time my sister seems to attract them :tongue:. My sister has developed the ability to identify teachers in crowded parties (grown up parties, not disco parties). They seem to talk in a slightly different manner, I don't think she's ever been wrong, because they all then come over to talk to the poor crip :rolleyes:. Especially primary school teachers.
The look on their faces when she tells them their profession is pretty fun :smile:

Alaric.
Reply 27
crana9

ahh, don't know him, I only know the third years at Jesus a bit.

Alaric.
Reply 28
He doesn't count (what is it we call him? i cant remember). You sure hes nit in lancashire?

no shes at queens havent seen him since coming here.
ah yes alaric but if it was written correspondance.. they probably wouldnt know. AHA!

Is she a teacher..? or do you mean shes a rockets cientist/brain surgeon etc
Reply 29
crana9
He doesn't count (what is it we call him? i cant remember). You sure hes nit in lancashire?

no shes at queens havent seen him since coming here.
ah yes alaric but if it was written correspondance.. they probably wouldnt know. AHA!

Not the central lancashire bloke, but HARDEV! The lancashire dude wants me to go interrailing through Southern Europe next summer.
Reply 30
You mean the glow in the dark man?? :wink:

Annoying Fact #31 about living on your own

You never have enough white laundry to make up a full load, but too much to make it not a pain in the arse to hand wash..
Reply 31
crana9

True, true

crana9

Only for teachers, they come over and talk to her and she asks their name etc and then the first question is always "Are you a teacher" followed by them looking slightly stunned or asking how she knows.

Alaric.
Reply 32
crana9
You mean the glow in the dark man?? :wink:

Annoying Fact #31 about living on your own

You never have enough white laundry to make up a full load, but too much to make it not a pain in the arse to hand wash..

Yesssss him. Naveed and I asked Charlene about this one drunken night. FYI, the answer is "no".
Reply 33
crana9

Solution: never buy anything white.

Works for me.

Alaric.
Reply 34
ah, i misread, i thought you said "her" profession.

visesh, did you really espect it to be "yes"?

i only have really white undies, a white tshirt, and a couple of vest tops.. :smile:
Reply 35
crana9

visesh, did you really espect it to be "yes"?

Well, the three of us were convinced that it was :redface: .
Reply 36
I'm impressed! I managed to walk to Discount Warehouse from Queens' in about five minutes. They had four plungers ripe for the picking.

Thanks very much. If you hurry, you might get the others before they sell out!

And look what's become of my poor thread.
Reply 37
Werther
And look what's become of my poor thread.

On behalf of crana9, Alaric and myself, I sincerely apologise.
Reply 38
so werther is this the only sketch you've done for this show, or have you done a couple? How do you get into writing for them....cos I think i'm quite a funny guy when i want to be, and would find it great if I could get into writing with someone!

also who performs your sketch?
Reply 39
Willa
so werther is this the only sketch you've done for this show, or have you done a couple? How do you get into writing for them....cos I think i'm quite a funny guy when i want to be, and would find it great if I could get into writing with someone!

also who performs your sketch?

I got on the Footlights mailing list at the Freshers' Fair. If you e-mail Raph (ras81), who seems to be in charge of it all, he should add you. This is how I found out about the writing workshop, which I just turned up to.

Since Tuesday is a show for first-timers, they just expect you to churn out stuff to take to the 'audition' (apparently everything will get on). This is on Saturday, 12pm-2pm in the ADC theatre dressing room. I reckon if you've got something that you can perform by yourself (or can get others to do) then you should simply turn up then: you'll probably be accepted!

I arrived at the workshop already having written a mock lecture, which I hope to deliver myself, and a sketch. I asked around there for people who'd perform it (since I really prefer writing) - it should be done by people called Ben (Maths, Clare) and Kai (History, Caius), and we're rehearsing it tomorrow night. While I was there, I helped work on another sketch with some other people, which they're going to perform.

Latest

Trending

Trending