The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How'd you stumble across that? And what reason would they have for creating a TSR account?? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
They have 15 warning points for 3 posts? Something smells mildly fish-like?
Reply 3
i signed up today and they have a link saying they have bebo/facebook profiles so i clicked to see what they look like and it turns out they have bebo, facebook, myspace and tsr
Reply 4
Oh righto - I just searched the members list.
How very, very odd.

P.S. You can't get me, SQA, I no longer do smelly Scottish Qualifications :p:

P.P.S. SQA, please sort out your site - it's got even more ridiculously hard to navigate since my time
Hi guys.

Simple explanation. When we were working out how to launch MySQA, we put profiles on a number of Social Network sites to inform you of the new service, to clear up any questions you might have, and to listen to your comments. The more we know about what you really think, the better we can make the service next time.

We use the Facebook, Myspace and particularly the Bebo sites to keep up this dialogue, and there's also our own whywait.org.uk site.

I'm afraid I got a little enthusiastic about MySQA on a post on TSR and was given 15 points for advertising - I thought I was passing on useful info, but there we go - but was very kindly given a reprieve.

If you have any questions about the new service, or any thoughts about receiving your results I'm happy to answer them.

SAM
I bet exam board related people don't often get told off for advertising :p:
Reply 7
That's cool!

Ok, so all cynicism aside, can you tell me how the appeals work? Particularly in this situation:

You had a decent A in your prelims (let's say 80%) , but missed that by a couple of marks during the final exams (the pass mark being 75%, and you got 73%), would you be able to receive a successful appeal?
No, we don't often get told off, at least not for advertising. Good for the soul.
Glad you approve in principle though. I will get back to you about your appeals question.

SAM
mysqa
No, we don't often get told off, at least not for advertising. Good for the soul.
Glad you approve in principle though. I will get back to you about your appeals question.

SAM

Are schools allowed to get the actual exam papers back from the SQA? Thanks very much.
Reply 10
mysqa
Hi guys.

Simple explanation. When we were working out how to launch MySQA, we put profiles on a number of Social Network sites to inform you of the new service, to clear up any questions you might have, and to listen to your comments. The more we know about what you really think, the better we can make the service next time.

We use the Facebook, Myspace and particularly the Bebo sites to keep up this dialogue, and there's also our own whywait.org.uk site.

I'm afraid I got a little enthusiastic about MySQA on a post on TSR post and was given 15 points for advertising - I thought I was passing on useful info, but there we go - but was very kindly given a reprieve.

If you have any questions about the new service, or any thoughts about receiving your results I'm happy to answer them.

SAM
LOL.
Hi

The simple reply to whether you can get your exam papers back is No - something to do with Data Protection I'm afraid.

As regards appeals, it's hard to be specific. SQA are currently compiling information for candidates and parents on appeals and that will be available on www.sqa.org.uk/appeals. In the meantime, you should talk to your school or college.

SAM
mysqa
Hi

The simple reply to whether you can get your exam papers back is No - something to do with Data Protection I'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply.

I think that's slightly unfair since I know the English exam boards allow candidates to get their papers back for a small amount of fee. I guess I can understand the Data Protection thing, but what about the Freedom of Information Act? :p:
Apparently exam papers are exempt under the Data Protection Act. And that's as much as I know I'm afraid.
mysqa
Apparently exam papers are exempt under the Data Protection Act. And that's as much as I know I'm afraid.

Oh ok didn't know that. Thanks.
my question is, why can't you give bands as well as grades in the results on your online result service?
it would be a huge help to me, and many others.
i live in a small village, and if i get a grade i want to appeal, i will have to travel out to school, which is 2 hours away, to request appeal. i will be quite annoyed if my result is, say B band 4, and i go out to school to ask for appeal, only to find that i can't get it.
thanks
hellohellohellohello
my question is, why can't you give bands as well as grades in the results on your online result service?

Why do you want to find out your bands? If you got an A, you're reasonably looking at having achieved 70%+ in the final exam, and if you end up with a B, it's 60 - 69%. Obviously these change year to year, but you don't gain much by saying you have a band 1 A.
Hi hellohellohellohello

As I've said elsewhere, I will get back to you about the bands issue.

SAM
Reply 18
mysqa

Yes, by sitting SQA exams you agree to let your exam scripts become their property and be reproduced or used as SQA sees fit.
Just so as you all know, you've got 17 days to register with SQA's MySQA exam results service - registration closes 17th July.

That's so they have the time to sort your details and make sure they've got everything lined up to send you results out by text or email on the 5th August.

SAM :wink: