The Student Room Group

Pyjama party, oh no

One of my friends has decided she wants to go to jive in fancy dress for her birthday. This is fine, i love fancy dress and she asked if we had any ideas. My best friend and i have given her plenty of ideas, 80's, 40's, 20's, fantasy, pirates etc. but despite these ideas she seems to have set her heart on pyjamas. I don't have and don't want any pyjamas, even if i did have, not in a million years would i wear them to jive. I don't want to have to buy a pair of pyjamas specially for her party and i know she will get upset if i don't dress up cos i always dress up for our usual fancy dress parties. Any ideas of how i can dissuade her from doing a pyjama party or any ideas for fancy dress that are so good she won't want to do pyjamas?
Cant you just buy some cheapies from primark? You'll never have to wear them again, and if owning them is that much of a problem throw them away or give them to a charity shop afterwards. Its your friends birthday just go along with what she wants to do rather than trying to change her mind.
Whats jive..a club?
ChrisLincoln
Whats jive..a club?

Jive is a style of dance that my friends and i do. We have lessons on a tuesday and freestyle on friday, this fancy dress idea is to be done on a friday.
hippieglitter
Jive is a style of dance that my friends and i do. We have lessons on a tuesday and freestyle on friday, this fancy dress idea is to be done on a friday.

Hrm. Do it in pj's it'll be a right laugh!! To be fair in most fancy dress you'd have to buy them! So at least pj's you can wear after..
I don't understand why you don't ike pyjamas! I would wear nothing but pyjamas if i could!
Hmm maybe you could get a nightie that looks more like a dress, or wear like black pyjama bottoms with a vest top, so you are still dressing to the theme, but don't look too extreme.
wallflower*
I don't understand why you don't ike pyjamas! I would wear nothing but pyjamas if i could!
Hmm maybe you could get a nightie that looks more like a dress, or wear like black pyjama bottoms with a vest top, so you are still dressing to the theme, but don't look too extreme.

Or black jama shorts. (hot pant style). And a vest top. Then you just look good.

Ah girls in pyjama's are the best. Or little shorts + my shirt/hoody.
ChrisLincoln
Hrm. Do it in pj's it'll be a right laugh!! To be fair in most fancy dress you'd have to buy them! So at least pj's you can wear after..

To be honest i'm more likely to wear an actually costume again rather than pyjamas. I just don't like them, i am uncomfortable wearing anything more than underwear in bed.
Reply 8
Black hotpants and a strappy generic top?
Reply 9
Rather than buying pyjamas, just wear a pair of shortish shorts & a tank top (as already suggested above, I think) & have fun!
Reply 10
Fyska
Black hotpants and a strappy generic top?

So, are men allowed to come then, are what??
hippieglitter
To be honest i'm more likely to wear an actually costume again rather than pyjamas. I just don't like them, i am uncomfortable wearing anything more than underwear in bed.

You're not in bed, you're at Jive. Just buy some cheap ones and throw them away afterwards, it'll make your friend happy :^_^:
Reply 12
noaksey
So, are men allowed to come then, are what??

Always. :wink:
Just get some cute bottoms or plain tracksuit bottoms and wear a vest top with them, it'll pass as pyjamas and isn't too bad. It's really not that bad a theme and if your friend has her heart set on it, I'd go along with it.
Reply 14
Fyska
Always. :wink:

Good stuff!! Cya there!!

Latest