The Student Room Group

A Levels and German Abitur equivalent

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student1878-
Are you sure information in this link apply to all German universities ? and thats the way they use to convert grades ? I mean i can depend on these conversions if i wanna convert ?! *note : i will be applying for medicine ,,

It certainly applies to all universities in the state of NRW. Or did apply, it's from 2012 and I'm not sure whether something changed since then. You can only 'depend' on them informally, as in to guide your decisions and expectations. In the end you will have to submit all your documents to the relevant authority and they will do an official conversion for you, only the result of this is official and can be depended on.
(edited 7 years ago)
http://employers.grb.uk.com/a-level-equivalents

I hope this helps...But still, it depends on the specific University
My grades were converted by what was the ZVS (now Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung) , they require both O- and A-level results as they equate these to Haupt und Nebenfächer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 143
Hi, do I have any chance to get accepted into Medicine in Germany with the following A Level grades?

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Arabic Language: A

Did anyone get admitted with A Levels?
Reply 144
Original post by Geb46
Hi, do I have any chance to get accepted into Medicine in Germany with the following A Level grades?

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Arabic Language: A

Did anyone get admitted with A Levels?

It looks like u met the requirement. Please contact DAAD in your country for further information. You might have a good shot.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by verse
Hello, I'm asking this on behalf of a friend. Does anyone know how to convert A Level grades into a German Abitur grade equivalent? For eg. what would AAB be equivalent to in terms of the Abitur and do they count 3 or 4 subjects etc.

Thanks!

if i did my first year of Abitur in england would i have to redo the abitur in germany?
Original post by verse
Hello, I'm asking this on behalf of a friend. Does anyone know how to convert A Level grades into a German Abitur grade equivalent? For eg. what would AAB be equivalent to in terms of the Abitur and do they count 3 or 4 subjects etc.

Thanks!

vzgiuhoijpop
Original post by verse

Thanks!

can i do my first year of Abitur in england and then go back to germany would it count in germany

Quick Reply

Latest