I've changed my mind from my previous provisional choices. I'm going to do:

Maths (Further)
Physics
Chemistry
ICT
Computing (self-study AS only)
Reply 22
LittleMissTwinkle
oh wow, how do you apply for an evening course?

and when do you have to apply before? i know it probably varies in different towns, but any idea?

Just pop into one of your local communal colleges (I know) and ask if they're doing any as courses..its free for me as well because I'm doing ym as's next year..I had the choice of maths or economics..You have to apply before your course starts mine starts in Sept and apply early because AS courses are quite high in demand if you catch my drift.
:biggrin:
Reply 23
cyborg
Computing (self-study AS only)

I'm self teaching myself Computing as well..Are you actually going to take the AS exam as an external candidate at another sixth form.
Reply 24
I'm doing:

Biology
Chemistry
Maths and Stats
Music
French A2 (in Year 12)

I'm looking to do either Natural Sciences or Music. I can't decide :redface:
Reply 25
piece_by_piece
What makes you think that you haven't got an A already in GCSE Maths? Have faith Nayberay :p:

Lol thanks but due to my poor performance for the last two years also outside personal problems I have flopped in maths at the start of year ten I was predicted an A now my teacher don't even think i'm gonna get a B lol.He only cares about the A* people anyways and he even said that so you know.

I'll prove him wrong though I've been working my bum off for the last 3 months just dedicating my spare time to maths and a slight bit of programming Lol.

Nayberay
Lol thanks but due to my poor performance for the last two years also outside personal problems I have flopped in maths at the start of year ten I was predicted an A now my teacher don't even think i'm gonna get a B lol.He only cares about the A* people anyways and he even said that so you know.

I'll prove him wrong though I've been working my bum off for the last 3 months just dedicating my spare time to maths and a slight bit of programming Lol.

Nevertheless, I have faith in you! I hope you get the grade that you want :smile:
Nayberay
Just pop into one of your local communal colleges (I know) and ask if they're doing any as courses..its free for me as well because I'm doing ym as's next year..I had the choice of maths or economics..You have to apply before your course starts mine starts in Sept and apply early because AS courses are quite high in demand if you catch my drift.

Thanks!
Reply 28
Nayberay
I'm self teaching myself Computing as well..Are you actually going to take the AS exam as an external candidate at another sixth form.

I'm actually going to do it at my current school. By the way, I'm doing AQA Computing (new spec). I plan to write the Unit 2 exam in Jan 09 and then the Unit 1 on-screen exam in June 09.
Business Studies, Art, History, Photography and English Language.
Reply 30
cyborg
I'm actually going to do it at my current school. By the way, I'm doing AQA Computing (new spec). I plan to write the Unit 2 exam in Jan 09 and then the Unit 1 on-screen exam in June 09.

Ok cool i hope it goes well for you.My sixth form don't offer computing :frown:
Oh wells life moves on Lol
Reply 31
LittleMissTwinkle
Yeah it's a long list, torn between the subjects to take. most probably decide on results day.

-- is anyone thinking of doing any additional alevels? like evening courses or whatever?

and how do you do an alevel in one year? giving you the qualification of AS & A2?

:smile: just wondering btw.

I'm hoping to do critical thinking as a distance learning type course meaning I do all the work by myself except I have access to a tutor to help me with coursework. I'm hoping to do this alongside my other 5 as I know it will be useful for the UKCAT/BMAT. Any ideas on whether my school will let me sit the terminal exam there?
LittleMissTwinkle
i'd say that's a nice combo!

what you thinking of going into?

I'm thinking of doing Business or Economics at uni, but I'm unsure.

Can anyone give me any advice on whether I should do RS or Eng lit? I would prefer to do RS but if Eng lit is much more respected by unis then I'm happy to do that. :smile:
cari
I'm hoping to do critical thinking as a distance learning type course meaning I do all the work by myself except I have access to a tutor to help me with coursework. I'm hoping to do this alongside my other 5 as I know it will be useful for the UKCAT/BMAT. Any ideas on whether my school will let me sit the terminal exam there?

Oh Right kool:smile:

so if one wanted to do AS & A2 in one year, how would they do this?
Reply 34
Maths
French
History
Computing

I'm thinking of doing Biology (as I love it now!) instead of one of the above ...Depending on My Results!
is everybody doing general studies/critical thinking aswell?
Nope ^ ^ :smile:
LittleMissTwinkle
is everybody doing general studies/critical thinking aswell?

I know I'm obliged to do General Studies, however I'm not sure about Critical Thinking.
Oh Right:wink:
I have to do gcse general studies in year 12 and then AS+A2 general studies in year 13. I actually don't mind since it'll give me some breathing space from all the sciences i'm taking.

Latest