The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Don't look back, just move on. Messing up one is better than messing up all. One B/C is not going to affect much overall (assuming you take 9-10 subjects).
Reply 2
Yh I'm sure you've done fine..Focus on your next few exams..
:biggrin:
Reply 3
Yeah just don't let it ruin your train of thought. Keep at it and like 05231991 says, don't look back, because you can't change the past!
Reply 4
I've had this weekend off not revising, but without sounding arrogant, it's probably for the best; I think if I have failed it's because I over-revised (I revised so much I wound myself up into a state on the morning of the exam by thinking 'I've done all this and I've learnt nothing, I'm stupid and it's just my luck I'll fail anyway').
I understand how you feel. I think I have done better in my mocks than the real thing, but I stil have 10 exams to come so I can't waste time thinking about that.

I use :tsr2: to distract me! :smile:
Reply 6
Try not to dwell on it... I know it's incredibly hard! If I do badly in an exam, I try not to rehash it in my mind, or discuss it heavily with others after the exam. Tick it off, and focus on the next one... what's done is done.

And if you have to think about it, focus on the things that you did well in the exam, instead of the mistakes that you made. Chances are, you are exaggerating the mistakes in your mind. I felt so bad after my French oral because i accidentally slipped in an English "and" mid way through... but now I'm trying to think more about the fact that I made barely any mistakes apart from that when it happens to cross my mind.

Keep the faith, keep revising (keeps yourself busy, distracted, and boosts your grade :P), and keep optimistic... everything will be just fine. And GCSE's aren't the be all and end all!

Latest