Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know when you're about to come onto your period?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get bloated 3-6 days before like a fat whale and my appetite increases, then I have a REALLY skinny day then it comes. Happy days. The grumbling pain before hand and increased back pain also indicate it's coming...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bloated boobs and I also get slightly more spotty.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stomach Aches about 3 days before. :eek: They Kill especially in the middle of exams lol @ me clutching my stomach in the middle of my maths exam and people just looking at me like what the hell is she doing lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My usual moodswings get ten time worse!!! and i just know!! lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    wow thats so precise....i dont really know sometimes it just gets me by suprise...but i usually i just know within a few days lol
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't change emotionally but the sides of my boobs hurt a bit to touch and I can kind of feel how its 'full' in utero
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You just know . . .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only know I'm going to come on when I've got a huge craving for a big chocolate bar before bed. The next morning I know I will come on when I go to the toilet. And every 8 months I get a stomach ache that morning. Simple as that really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I become realllly moody/emotional and i get stomach cramps
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lower back ache, but that usually pinpoints within a day or two.

Can't pinpoint time!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get a massive headache and it lasts the whole time I'm on, which is annoying because it makes me scared I have TSS lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get a weird period-type pain a couple of days before usually. Kind of reminds me I'm due on soon. Sometimes notice my tummy is a bit rounder than normal. Also, if I catch myself in tears over something stupid (I rarely cry normally) then I know my period will come the next day!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get like a burning sensation for days before and mild ache.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lose my appetite, get cramps, and usually my mood becomes foul.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I get a really bad back about 3 days before, I only just figured it out a few months ago, used to think I just kept getting a bad back from lifting something heavy!
    I only figured out the waking-in-the-night thing a few months ago too! I just used to think it was random!!

(Original post by FizzBitch)
    Is it the thread posted a couple of months back by a girl who stuck a piece of tissue up there to see if her period was starting and got it stuck? :rofl:
    Nope, the one with the lass who doesn't know if she's coming on or not (very light spotting)

I'm amazed that people aren't as regular as me. o-o I thought being this regular was normal!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm on the pill so that already takes me to the day, and depending on how much time difference there was on taking it every day then i already know to the hour, but if you're talking actual signs then about 10 minutes before i get a slight cramp.

i love predictability
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Slight crampy feelings, increased appetite (well I'm sure I could resist but meh), sore boobs :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just know. I have no physical/emotional symptoms, but I can just tell if I'm about to get my period... it's a bit like The Force.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm always really cranky the day before. About a werk before i suffer with cramps. I normally am quite regular so i can tell the signs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My breasts hurt and I might get abdominal pain a week before it's started (rarely though). The biggest sign is, my boobs look bigger than usual (and I think they've grown when my period is just going to start:p:) and they hurt like anything. They feel like...rocks in a bean bag and if anything just touches em, even lightly, they hurt for about 20 minutes.

And that's always the time people want to hug me really really tightly and don't get why I don't want a hug and get annoyed.

And a weird sort of bloating feeling.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2008
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.