The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

adarklingplain
I thought they were completely different? One's for purpose, one's for regularity of succession

They are lol eeeekkkkk

I have just been reading OCR mark schemes.

Luckily that’s the only question I have screwed up...at all thank Kant, Webber etc.

Luckily I should still get credit since my criticism and strengths of the argument are still valid.
Reply 141
user_01332
They are lol eeeekkkkk

I have just been reading OCR mark schemes.

Luckily that’s the only question I have screwed up...at all thank Kant, Webber etc.

Luckily I should still get credit since my criticism and strengths of the argument are still valid.

b******
I made that mistake aswell.
ahh, all I need is D's.
SarahhhD
b******
I made that mistake aswell.
ahh, all I need is D's.

why is it a back up AS or similar?
Reply 143
Did this exam the other day as well.

Was really under-prepared for it. Last exam and couldn't be bothered. The majority of the year were also underprepared and all pulled worried/bored/this-is-hard faces at one another during the exams.

After speaking to my friend it seemed I didn't write anything incorrect, I just didn't seem to write enough. My handwriting was relatively large and often a 33 mark question only came to a page.

I'm hoping to drop next year anyway.
I have seen several marked complete past papers.

The A grades are often the shortest to be precise I have seen a candidates paper awarded 27 marks and they wrote pretty much one page exactly.

I am sure OCR don’t expect too much in terms of memorised content and evidence when they ask really specific questions on a very broad and detailed specification.
i agree with that! One B question I saw was literally 2 short paragraphs and it got full marks! wasnt even that good either.
However you should write alot to ensure you get good marks... GOOD LUCK WITH RESULTS EVERYONE!!!! (i dont know if you can tell but im very happy with no more exams)
Reply 147
user_01332
why is it a back up AS or similar?

its just to get into a2, I'll resit modiels when the pressure's off in jan and june.
SarahhhD
its just to get into a2, I'll resit modiels when the pressure's off in jan and june.

Can you only resit the foundation in January, or 1 & 2 as well?

Also, what is the breakdown of percentage that each exam contributes to the final grade?
Reply 149
srwences
Can you only resit the foundation in January, or 1 & 2 as well?

Also, what is the breakdown of percentage that each exam contributes to the final grade?

you can sit all 3 in jan, but I'd rather split it into bits.
I believe its 33.3 each.
SarahhhD
you can sit all 3 in jan, but I'd rather split it into bits.
I believe its 33.3 each.

It is 33.3% each. Each paper is worth 100 marks which makes it simple too.

I don’t mind resetting 2 either. Don’t won’t to re-sit 3 so hope I hope I get an A in the foundation unit or the ethics paper.
T-o dore
However you should write alot to ensure you get good marks... GOOD LUCK WITH RESULTS EVERYONE!!!! (i dont know if you can tell but im very happy with no more exams)

Absolutely – especially when a 33 mark question is explain the strengths of the design arguement theory etc. I bang some weaknesses down too show how they compare to the strengths.
Reply 152
user_01332
Absolutely – especially when a 33 mark question is explain the strengths of the design arguement theory etc. I bang some weaknesses down too show how they compare to the strengths.

I done that question as the other two were Freud (dont care about his view - dirty perv) or Russell or simply said "the universe is thee and that is all there is to say about it" Great A section.

I couldnt think of many strengths and weaknesses directly to Aquinas so i thought the fact that the other two teleological arguments (Paley and the Anthropic) had more flaws i.e. Hume was endless and shove a bit of Darwinism in there and hopefully that produced an A grade essay.
I did the:

Freud's criticism of William Jame's Argument... and mentioned the "obssessional neurosis about 5,000 times... and that it was an "illusion". Just worded it all differently.

Then I did Augustine and Iranaeus, which I found great.. as I couldn't do sociology!

Then for Ethics I did the moral relativism- Utilitarianism, which was good.

And also Kant.. and just wrote everything down about him... as we were told by the examiner, whatever the question is.. write everything you know about him and you will get top marks... one of the very strange things OCR does.

My hand acheddddddddd after!