The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Mishari
hi guys ..

i didnt get my UCAS letter ( the welcome letter )

which give the password and the number yet !!

she told me that my UCAS form got in the system on 18th oct. and told

me that it should be OK .. i waited for my letter since 18th but nothing !

the payment is ok as well

any advice or notes ? thanks very much

Probably got lost in the post. Get them to send another one
Reply 2
Probably got lost in the post. Get them to send another one

thanks mate , do they send my info to the universities even if i didnt get my welcome letter ?

thanks very much for ur help
Reply 3
Mishari
thanks mate , do they send my info to the universities even if i didnt get my welcome letter ?

thanks very much for ur help

Yes.

The welcome letter does nothing more than having your password to check the UCAS web track system.

What universities are you applying to?
Reply 4
Yes.

The welcome letter does nothing more than having your password to check the UCAS web track system.

What universities are you applying to?

i applied to Liverpool :rolleyes: , Newcastle :frown: , sheff :frown: , Leeds :frown:

:cool: wish you luck ! , thanks very much
Reply 5
Mishari
i applied to Liverpool :rolleyes: , Newcastle :frown: , sheff :frown: , Leeds :frown:

Good luck
Does Everyone get a Ucas Welcome letter?
Cus I never got one. :confused:
Reply 7
Yeah everyone should do. You maybe able to get your ucas password (and ucas number if needed) from a teacher who'd sort out uni stuff..
Reply 8
Mishari

why the :frown: for Sheffield?? It rocks!!!
Reply 9
Mishari
hi guys ..

i didnt get my UCAS letter ( the welcome letter )

which give the password and the number yet !!

she told me that my UCAS form got in the system on 18th oct. and told

me that it should be OK .. i waited for my letter since 18th but nothing !

the payment is ok as well

any advice or notes ? thanks very much

Did UCAS receive your application after october 15th? cause if you're applying for med/dent/vet :eek:
Reply 10
anita_xx
why the :frown: for Sheffield?? It rocks!!!

sadly , i got my 1st rejection w/out interview

from sheffield on 3th of Nov. thats very sad

f***** it ..

i'm waiting for others , this really let me feel down ! :mad:

cheers n e way ..

* btw people don't panic , i'm an international student doing international foundation year with AAA bio - chem - english ,
* high school certificate ( similar to .. ) = A bio , A chem , B computing , A history
* had a very good P.S , and a v.good reference from the leader of the whole programme !!
Reply 11
Mishari
sadly , i got my 1st rejection w/out interview

from sheffield on 3th of Nov. thats very sad

f***** it ..

i'm waiting for others , this really let me feel down ! :mad:

cheers n e way ..

* btw people don't panic , i'm an international student doing international foundation year with AAA bio - chem - english ,
* high school certificate ( similar to .. ) = A bio , A chem , B computing , A history
* had a very good P.S , and a v.good reference from the leader of the whole programme !!

Oh dear, I'm really sorry :frown:
if it makes you feel any better (but it probably won't) because there's a quota for international students, it's much tougher for you guys to get offers than home students - it doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad applicant :redface:

Good luck at your other places!
Reply 12
anita_xx
Oh dear, I'm really sorry :frown:
if it makes you feel any better (but it probably won't) because there's a quota for international students, it's much tougher for you guys to get offers than home students - it doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad applicant :redface:

Good luck at your other places!

what quota?
Reply 13
TheWolf
what quota?

To make things fairer for home students, there is a 'quota' of how many international students a university is allowed to take. If the government didn't impose this quota, the universities would take practically all international students (because they get more money from them :wink: ) Consequently, even if an international student is very good, if the university has filled their international quota they can't offer any more places (whereas for home students they can bend the rules a bit!) They are also more likely to accept international students who cannot study in their own country for some reason (ie. lack of facilities, political persecution, etc).
heya i got my first rejection from sheffield for dentistry the other day to. its made me really worried cos im now convinced dat im goin to get 4 rejections :frown:

Latest