The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Josh12
Thats what i got hunglimungli and i think the slope was called viking way.

The correct answers to those two questions were "River" and "Scarp Slope" as it said name the feature, e.g. river, not the rivers name.
Went through it with my Geography teacher and he said it seemed like a badly worder question, but they were the right answers.
Reply 21
****** sake thats not even in the sllyabus. By the way did you do glaciers, if so when writing about a glacial trough was the correct to talk about its erosion eg plucking, abrasion, carrying along material
Reply 22
cuddles x
if i got an A on the coursework and didnt do to well on paper 1 and if i do really well on paper 2 can i still get an A?

Well cwk counts 25% and both papers are 75% together means each paper is abt 37.5% so if you do well in 62.5% (Paper 2 and cwk) and not so well in the rest 37.5%, i think it can pull u down :s-smilie: or up :smile: depends.. just do ur best!
Reply 23
For the glacier photo i couldn't see much to label so i labelled terminal moraine at bottom, arete and a corrie but wasnt sure. Also any answers for the glacial trough question would be welcome.
I have just done OCR and we had loads of case studies to learn like 30. And the ones that came up I had not revised as much.

The irony of it all.

I think you guys on AQA got the better end of the deal :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Scarp Slope??? i swear thats like not in the book I've never heard of it in either revision guides or text books!? or maybe just cos i do rivers tectonics and coasts and its a glaciers topic or something but GRRR

also i wrote river +name, so have i lost that mark?

and farming OMG WHAT
IS
THE
POINT
!
annielouise12
Scarp Slope??? i swear thats like not in the book I've never heard of it in either revision guides or text books!? or maybe just cos i do rivers tectonics and coasts and its a glaciers topic or something but GRRR

also i wrote river +name, so have i lost that mark?

and farming OMG WHAT
IS
THE
POINT
!

It's a Rocks topic I think.
Something to do with Chalk Escarpments.
Totally agree with the pointless farming comment. :mad:
Reply 27
Seriously, how you people doing the AQA exam can complain I don't know.

Try doing the OCR one. At least 45 case studies to learn.
Reply 28
To be honest I have to prioritise for subjects such as Physics and History which i need to get A stars in. I can only revise for geography the day before, so just hope i end up passing it. By the way, i need to know what i got for my coursework, so can i call the examing board?
lozz2601
It's a Rocks topic I think.
Something to do with Chalk Escarpments.

You see, I'm not doing rocks. So *how* do they expect us non-geologists to know what they are?!

Seems slightly unfair to me... :s-smilie:
Reply 30
yeah its ridiculous! i like tried to relate it to rivers and ended up writing , i literally wrote a hill which is the drainage basin for the river so its the watershed oh yeah theres a reservoir as well

AGH
electriic_ink
You see, I'm not doing rocks. So *how* do they expect us non-geologists to know what they are?!

Seems slightly unfair to me... :s-smilie:

I didn't get it and I know what they are, so that's really harsh on you. :s-smilie:
Reply 32
i just put a steep slope do you reckon that's ok (because it was a steep slope?!)
Reply 33
Come on it was only one mark, besides "slope" may be accepted. Anyone want to discuss the real answers like the formation of a waterfall. I put something like
"when water crosses hard rock, any softer rocks on the downstream side are eroded quicker causing the river course to steepen. This is done by hyraulic action where the force of the water wears away at the rock. Eventually, it is eroded so much a plunge pool is formed at the bottom and the river retreats and undercuts the rock, forming a gorge at the top". How many marks do you think that will get me?
cuddles x
if i got an A on the coursework and didnt do to well on paper 1 and if i do really well on paper 2 can i still get an A?

It depends what you mean by 'not well' and 'really well.'
Reply 35
it was more marks cos u had to then describe how it affected the shape of the place i cant even remeber now
Josh12
Thats what i got hunglimungli and i think the slope was called viking way. I put that the slope would restrict lincoln's growth as you couldn't build on the slope and that the river eroded its banks and also they couldnt build too near the river for risk of flooding.
What about you?

oh god!
i put the river wud lyk casue flooding
and the slope would make the land unsuitable for settlement/famrming?
i dno if thats ri:tsr2: ht tho:confused:
Reply 37
ye i suppose flooding would affect its development. What sections did you do: i did tectonics, rivers and glaciers. I think paper 2 will be easier
what time does this exam take place sorry, i need to know what time this exam starts my timetable states "Afternoon: 1:OOPM" thank you please reply
what time does this exam take place sorry, i need to know what time this exam starts my timetable states "Afternoon: 1:OOPM" thank you please reply

Latest