The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm just glad it's not the 8th cause then it would be my birthday!

I've signed up for the text and email thing - not sure if I'll actually look but it's nice to know the choice is there (incase my post is really late!)
Reply 21
A Stranger in Moscow
You know you don't wanna be part of it :wink:

Afraid I don't quite follow, care to elaborate?
Reply 22
SpiritedAway
so. i know scottish people and they still write in legible english

Still?!
meekan
Still?!

still what?
Reply 24
SpiritedAway
still what?

I think they meant "still...the english is understandable to the majority of people here so is it necessary to take such a condescending tone with someone?" :smile:
Reply 25
i loved results online last year...apart from it took me 2 hours to log in because the address they gave me was http:// but the one that actually worked was https:// (or at least it was on my computer). It also meant i got my results before i went to malaysia, as if i had to wait for the post i would have had to wait for my parents to get home from work in the evening and then send me a text in singapore, 7 hours time difference so it would have seemed like days later to me!
Reply 26
SpiritedAway
still what?

What Kiwi said, but I didn't quite know how to put that into words:p:
Reply 27
erm what?! haha (yeah im laughing now..) omg i cant believe im actually not going to be in the country when the results are in. i havent registered online....

this is weird.
i got my results at 5am the day before!!!

i must have been one of the first in scotland!

results online was really good i thought
Reply 29
e-y-e-liner-x
Register on www.mysqa.org.uk and then that way you can get your results by email or text on 5th August between 8am and 9am rather than waiting until half two.

I was thinking that if you register to do this will u not b able to get them at midnight??
Reply 30
Cutie Xx
I was thinking that if you register to do this will u not b able to get them at midnight??

I thought that last year with the results online but they weren't on until 4:00am and I couldn't even get them until about 8 after trying for ages! I hope they are on at midnight though but I doubt it.
Reply 31
Cutie Xx

the SQA have said that they won't send out e-mails and texts until between 8am and 9am on 5th August. so unfortunately, you won't get them till then :frown:
Reply 32
I would hate to get a text telling me my results. I don't know what it is, i just would much prefer to have it online like last year, or even in the post.

The online for me last year was good, but it really messed up for a couple people i heard.
Reply 33
reappears
I would hate to get a text telling me my results. I don't know what it is, i just would much prefer to have it online like last year, or even in the post.

The online for me last year was good, but it really messed up for a couple people i heard.

Yeah im the same. I just think it would be so much better if you were to log on to a system and it told you your results that way. Like the track system i suppose.
Hi

Just to confirm a few things said on here.

Results day is the 5th August and your envelopes should arrive then. But you can register to get your results by text or email with the MySQA service. They will be sent out on the 5th at 8 and 9am respectively - ideal if you're abroad or your postie has had a big night the night before. The plan is to send them out earlier in future.

If you don't fancy the text option for example, you don't have to select it. The email option should work effectively the same way as Results Online - open your emails and there you are. It's all designed to let you select when, where (and in whose company) you choose to see your results.

Later in Autumn, the MySQA service will go to its next phase and all your results from previous years as well as this year will be available on your personal MySQA page. Any future SQA qualifications you get will go on there as well (SVQs or HNCs or whatever).

You can find out how to register and answers any questions you may have on www.whywait.org.uk.

Good luck!
SAM
Reply 35
Cutie Xx
Yeah im the same. I just think it would be so much better if you were to log on to a system and it told you your results that way. Like the track system i suppose.

Last year I got my standard grades online so I have never opened them by post being worried about what I got as I already knew. I would much prefer it online because I just think getting it through the post and them having to open it all with everyone watching is too scary lol:s-smilie:
Reply 36
*C*
Last year I got my standard grades online so I have never opened them by post being worried about what I got as I already knew. I would much prefer it online because I just think getting it through the post and them having to open it all with everyone watching is too scary lol:s-smilie:

Yeah i know what you mean. When you're trying to open it and ur mum and dad are dying to know what you got lol
IRC staying up till around 3am and refreshing the site every 5mins, event though it kept on returning the same error message. Decided to cut my losses and go to sleep, waking up to a text at about 10am that I'd received at like 8am - I would've been raging if I'd stayed up the entire night for my efforts in pulling an all-nighter to be wasted! :frown:

This year I'll be coming back to the house drunk at about 8am so it won't matter! :p: :biggrin:
Holdo24
Is it the same day this year?

I believe so. :cool:
Reply 39
Sooo we get ours via text and email on the 4th? :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending