The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I haven't done this since last year, but I think - Hitler youth, improved what towns looked like by planting trees on roads etc - beauty of nature or something?!, made teachers abide by Nazi rules/teach the Nazi syllabus, and then the standard censorship, propaganda etc...?

Sorry this isn't very accurate, but I'm doing the Stuarts this year!
Reply 3
great thank you i shall take a read :smile:
oo thats a vast change from germany to stuarts!
Reply 4
I know! And we go back to studying the Nazis next year as well... so it's been about 9 months of learning about a period I'm really interested in before I return to covering the same 50 years again!
From the spec which i printed cus im doing the same thing it says you ned to know "propaganda and control 1933-39, changes in society (Volksgemeinschaft) 1933-39, 'racial purity' and 'anti-semitism (including the Nuremboerg laws, Kristallnacht, the decsion to implement a 'final solution') 1933 - 1942

Good luck.
* Public works for unemployed to build Autobahns/buildings
* Conscription in the Army, also lowers unemployment
* Factories making weapons/uniforms also a source of employment

* Reich Food estate: Helped poor farmers, guaranteed prices etc Banks not allowed to take over their land
* Protection for big Businesses eg IG Farben/Mercedes-Benz

There is more though cannot think of right now. So infact, to begin with the Nazis actually succeeded in making Germany great again! :wink:
I'm struggling finding relivant info on Key Question 2; How popular were Hitler and the Nazis 1933-45?

Its content: Hitlers personality and his methods of rule, the establishment of the Hitler Myth, the impact of the War on the regimes popularity, and resistance to Hitler.

I should be okay on the resistance, but help on anything else is greatfully recieved.

Latest