The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
jt333
..just wondering. How are you finding it?

i'm a second year, does that count?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
jt333
..just wondering. How are you finding it?

im a first year medic and im loving it. well the social side more than the work.

PBL is hard but do-able and the people and friends ive made are great.
What about you?
Reply 3
Oh no, I'm not there...yet :wink: . I was just wondering how people found it, 2nd years and all :smile: What's the workload like? i.e. how many hours do you have to put in per week say? (and how many do you/others actually do?) And also, I've heard that with this PBL system, it can be difficult knowing what kind of depth to go into...how have you guys found that?

Cheers

jay
Reply 4
jt333
Oh no, I'm not there...yet :wink: . I was just wondering how people found it, 2nd years and all :smile: What's the workload like? i.e. how many hours do you have to put in per week say? (and how many do you/others actually do?) And also, I've heard that with this PBL system, it can be difficult knowing what kind of depth to go into...how have you guys found that?

Cheers

ah! i thought u were some1 on my course. Oh well... maybe ill see you next year.
The workloads not too bad as long as you keep on top of things. And yes teh pbl system is not easy. But your tutors are their to guide you and all you can do is work and then pray you've done it right. Only joking. theres plenty of people there to help.

Neways good luck withyour application
Reply 5
Daveo
i'm a second year, does that count?

hows ur year coming along?
Our year is supposed to have completely changed from your year. Apparently our exams are a lot easier as well. Yay.

By the way how did you find your first year? Any distinctions?
Any advice on still being alive by the end of this year?
Reply 6
Jaq
hows ur year coming along?
Our year is supposed to have completely changed from your year. Apparently our exams are a lot easier as well. Yay.

By the way how did you find your first year? Any distinctions?
Any advice on still being alive by the end of this year?

Yeah your year is so much different and we are all really jealous, especially about the exams, BASTARDS!

First year was ok, I didnt work all that hard tbh and still managed to pass and get 2 hons points.

What PBL grp are you in may I ask?
Reply 7
Daveo
Yeah your year is so much different and we are all really jealous, especially about the exams, BASTARDS!

First year was ok, I didnt work all that hard tbh and still managed to pass and get 2 hons points.

What PBL grp are you in may I ask?

Im in Group 15. Why?
Reply 8
Jaq
Im in Group 15. Why?

Was just wondering that is all.
Reply 9
My flat mate is a first year medic...
Reply 10
Jenna999
My flat mate is a first year medic...

And what is their name?