The Student Room Group

German Topics and Texts - "Deutschland im zweiten Weltkrieg" WW2

Hey,

I know there are loads of threads kicking about about Unit 5 Topics and Texts, but I haven't found anyone doing this topic for German...Germany during WW2. The reason I really want to talk to someone about it, is I'm absolutely BRICKING the exam, which is on the 4th of June (the day before the French one...cheers EdExcel :rolleyes: ), and I could do with some help about what areas to cover. :redface:

So, is anyone else doing WW2 for German? :flutter: :smile:

PS. note to Coursework bot - leave this thread untouched, please :biggrin:
Reply 1
yea , im doin WW2, but dont have any textbooks about it. So i've got 90% of my info from wiki. Another of my problems is that i dont have any past paper questions for this paper as they have only released the latest 1 on edexcel ..

u want to see my notes on WW2?
smarty
yea , im doin WW2, but dont have any textbooks about it. So i've got 90% of my info from wiki. Another of my problems is that i dont have any past paper questions for this paper as they have only released the latest 1 on edexcel ..

u want to see my notes on WW2?

that would be very helpful thanks :smile:...even just to see what topic areas you're covering...I just get the feeling I'm not covering enough :frown:
Reply 4
have u got any past papers questions?
hi there did you make those notes? or are they copypasted of wiki?

i am doing this topic and Gastarbeiters and it looks like im gonna screw up.
thanks for these notes though.

our teacher just hands us wiki printoffs.

Gastarbeiter anyone?
smarty
have u got any past papers questions?

uh huh - only 'til 2005 though, sadly.

IMN = Ihrer Meinung nach. ZW = Zweiten Weltkrieg.

June 2000

Nennen Sie Beispiele fuer den Widerstand im dritten Reich. Warum war dieser Widerstand nicht erfolgreich?

June 2001

Der totale Krieg! Was war Hitlers Ziel und warum hat er, Ihrer Meinung nach, sein Ziel nicht total erreicht?

vs.

Beschreiben Sie die Schlacht um England. Glauben Sie, dass diese Schlacht den weiteren Kriegsverlauf beeinflusst hat?

June 2002

Welchen Widerstand gab es gegen das Hitlerregime in Deutschland waehrend des zweiten Weltkrieges? Warum war dieser Widerstand IMN nicht erfolgreich?

vs.

Welche Ereignisse fuehrten zu der Kapitulation Deutschlands am Ende des zweiten Weltkrieges? Was waren die wichtigsten Gruende fuer die Kap IMN?

June 2003

Was waren die entschieidenden Ereignisse in den ersten Kriegsmonaten? Welche Bedeutung hatten IMN diese Ereignisse fuer die Kriegsverlauf?

Welche Formen der Propaganda benutzen Hitler und die Nazis in ihrer Politik? Wie beurteilen Sie persoenlich die Reaktion der deutschen Bevoelkerung auf diese Propaganda?

June 2004

Beschreiben Sie die Jugendorganisationen im Zweiten Weltkrieg. Welchen Einfluss hatten diese Organisationen IMN auf die Jugendlichen?

Wie benutzte die Regierung den Polizeiapparat im ZW? Was halten Sie von der Art und Weise, wie die Regierung den Polizeiapparat benutzte?

June 2005

Was passierte im Laufe der Schlacht von Stalingrad? Welche Bedeutung hatte diese Schlacht fuer den weitern Verlauf des ZW?

Welche militaerische Erfolge erzielte Deutschland in den ersten Kriegsmonaten? In welcher Weise beeinflussten diese Siege die militaerische Strategie der Hitler-Regime?
Reply 7
cheers for the past paper questions. yea alot is copy pasted from wik, with my ocassionaly edits and inputs
Reply 8
jonnythemoose
that would be very helpful thanks :smile:...even just to see what topic areas you're covering...I just get the feeling I'm not covering enough :frown:

so how many words do u usaly write per answer? it says atleast 250, but do u actualy try to write more, or is 250 enough for a grade A or B?
smarty
so how many words do u usaly write per answer? it says atleast 250, but do u actualy try to write more, or is 250 enough for a grade A or B?

Honestly, the teaching is so bad at my school, I haven;t even done a past paper for this yet. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know, it's awful!

Anyway, for my French, and for my literature, I tend to write about 400-600 words more than often. But I still think it's possible to get an A with 250 words, definitely.
Reply 10
I have lots of past papers for various examining bodies, although if you look hard enough they are on each respective site anyway. I can't upload, cos the file sizes are bigger than what is allowed. If you hang on, I'll suss out all the necessary links and post them instead (is posting live links allowed on this forum anyway?). Even zipping up the files isn't going to help, because the zip file max. size is only 500k. Each pdf I have is greater than 700K... well, most of them anyway.
Reply 11
Hmmm.. OK.. sorry people, I lied... I can't find it now. I have past papers just for AQA and OCR. Any Edexcel past papers have to be paid for. Any OCR or AQA papers can be posted up if you still wish.

Sorry about that.
Reply 12
thx for the try. I spent about an hour searching the net the other day for edexcel unit 5 past papers and i coudnt find any
God I hope Stalingrad comes up. It appears to have come up once, in 2005...so it's a possibility!
Reply 14
jonnythemoose
God I hope Stalingrad comes up. It appears to have come up once, in 2005...so it's a possibility!

just hope a rather general question comes up with alot of ur own opinion compared to 1 with lots of facts and figures
Just a few questions...'Total war'. Is this basically referring to Stalingrad, and the fact that Hitler was now fighting on both the Eastern and the Western front, as opposed to before?

And the specification says 'Ostfront/Westfront'. I assume that just refers to the various Feldzuggen (campaigns) on either side of Germany? So like, Poland invasion on the Ostfront, then the Benelux and France attacks and Battle of Britain on the Westfront...then Stalingrad back on the Ostfront etc.

Help? :redface:
Reply 16
jonnythemoose
Just a few questions...'Total war'. Is this basically referring to Stalingrad, and the fact that Hitler was now fighting on both the Eastern and the Western front, as opposed to before?

And the specification says 'Ostfront/Westfront'. I assume that just refers to the various Feldzuggen (campaigns) on either side of Germany? So like, Poland invasion on the Ostfront, then the Benelux and France attacks and Battle of Britain on the Westfront...then Stalingrad back on the Ostfront etc.

Help? :redface:

I think total war was towards the end of war when all resources and capital was used for war and military purposes.. It was after the blitzkreig phase
Ostfront is poland and mainly russia..
Im not sure about the westfront.. is that mainly france and england?
smarty
I think total war was towards the end of war when all resources and capital was used for war and military purposes.. It was after the blitzkreig phase
Ostfront is poland and mainly russia..
Im not sure about the westfront.. is that mainly france and england?

Oh God really? I'm not answering a question on Total war then! West Front I believe is just the occupation of France, Denmark and Norway, and the Battle of Britain...
Reply 18
done it .. which 1 did u pick from the world war questions??

i picked the widerstand 1..
i wrote about religion and politker? that about corect yea?
Did Widerstand too. I yapped on about Sophie Scholl, the July 20th plot and Church and women groups. And the effects were that none of it worked, basically.

Hurray for a good topic!

Latest

Trending

Trending