The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
^ in any case, i don't really mind about stretch marks anymore :p: it's not as if i'm off to jamaica in bikinis lol.
Reply 22
I have them on my bum and boobs. Can't say i've ever done much about them really. I think they've started to fade anyway. I blame the pill :p:. (i have gone up a cup size since being on it).
Darling~
^ in any case, i don't really mind about stretch marks anymore :p: it's not as if i'm off to jamaica in bikinis lol.

LoL Awww, don't start talking about Jamaica - makes me depressed and badly want to go back! :redface: :p: Runnin around in a bikini suits me just fine lol:biggrin: , rather than jumper jeans and trainers like we are at the moment with the pants weather - although today isnt too bad.
Reply 24
DancinBallerina
LoL Awww, don't start talking about Jamaica - makes me depressed and badly want to go back! :redface: :p: Runnin around in a bikini suits me just fine lol:biggrin: , rather than jumper jeans and trainers like we are at the moment with the pants weather - although today isnt too bad.

today's a rather typical english weather: it's 'bright', but not actually sunny :frown: what's wrong with wearing clothes? the baggier it is, the better. more is more :biggrin:
Darling~
today's a rather typical english weather: it's 'bright', but not actually sunny :frown: what's wrong with wearing clothes? the baggier it is, the better. more is more :biggrin:

I agree wholeheartedly. Yay for winter clothes - jumpers and scarves and jeans or thick tights and boots! Forget all this mini skirt and bikini rubbish :wink:
Reply 26
^ actually i hate winter :ninja: summer is a good chance to demonstrate how you can wear your dad's old shirt with tights and a bangle - appreciate the simplicity :biggrin::biggrin:
Darling~

LoL I like to be free! :biggrin: Ok i don't walk around butt naked all the time but im not a fan of wearing lots n lots of clothes unless I have to - Summertime able to wear a little as possible if its hot that is and also the warm heat does wonders for my body - im not in pain whereas me and the winter arent the best of friends! lol
Reply 28
Lemme demonstrate.

okay maybe not :p: actually i found out that the more you bare your skin during the summer, the hotter you become. if you wear light cotton stuff air circulates around and [rambles off about the physics behind it all].
Reply 29
Heey all! I have stretch marks (lots of them) on my bum and some down my calfs and on my knees too! My skins quite dark and the stretch marks are whitish lines now. Looks disgusting! I've tried using bio-oil but i didn't really see much of a difference.

How long would you say you rub the bio-oil in for? I usually put it on my bum.. but then it probably always rubs off when i put my clothes on and then sit on my bum lol.
Ohh.. and how much is that Palmers cocoa butter? Sounds lush :smile:
Darling~
Lemme demonstrate.

okay maybe not :p: actually i found out that the more you bare your skin during the summer, the hotter you become. if you wear light cotton stuff air circulates around and [rambles off about the physics behind it all].

LMAO loving the errrm clothing! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yea I know all that shebang about light cotton wearing clothes and etc, but I just cant stomach having too much clothes on during the summer. If i wasnt soo big busted I probably wouldn't bother with a bra either as that makes me even hotter and irritable too - but 34E's cant look after themselves and need assistance! lol :p:

LLGJ x
How long would you say you rub the bio-oil in for? I usually put it on my bum.. but then it probably always rubs off when i put my clothes on and then sit on my bum lol.
Ohh.. and how much is that Palmers cocoa butter? Sounds lush :smile:

The bio oil i rub in a circular motion for almost a min, to make sure its absorbed well into the skin.

Palmers Cocoa Butter costs about £2.79 (i think) - I buy from a variety of places and often dont check the prices - ooopz! So that is guestamation! lol
Bio Oil is expensive, and if you have to use it for a year to see a difference....
I'm of small size too but i used to have a real problem with stretchmarks on my inner thighs and bum. But i have adopted the following strategies that have really helped. But bear in mind, stretchmarks do fade but they never go away completely.

Use Bio Oil on the area, its not cheap but very effective and your skin is really smooth afterwards.
Body brush after a shower - buy a firm body brush and rub on skin to exfoliate and get the blood flowing.
Drink more water - very good for overall clear skin.
upturnedpalms
Bio Oil is expensive, and if you have to use it for a year to see a difference....

Yes its expensive, but it does the trick! Also it lasts a looongg time (6months roughly for the small 60ml bottle).

I haven't been using the Bio Oil on its own - I have been using the proper real cocoa butter, which I melt (in my hands) and rub into my skin. That too has helped the stretch marks and other marks on my skin. So probably why its lasted me a lot longer.
Reply 34
Vitamin E, Cocoa butter

I have them on my inner thighs due to legs growing from sticks into thicker legs from squatting. They are white now though and you can't see them, faded themselves, they used to be bright red.
Reply 35
Ditto what many people said they do fade, Mine were really pink/red a couple years back but nowadays the've gone all white I dont really think about them anoymore..
Reply 36
Because I'm tanned and mine are white it looks a LOT worse.
I've got some on my hips and thighs, although they are pale and silvery now so not massively noticeable. I've used Bio-Oil and Palmers Cocoa Butter on them, I thinkBio-Oil makes the biggest difference and this was only after a short time. Definitely recommend it.
Reply 38
Yuffie
Yeah I said girls usually have them earlier but because I had no chest at all til about 6 months ago (now 32D, was about 34AAA) I'm getting them later and that hopefully they'll fade. Do they?

my god, how old are you?
please say you're a late developer. might be some hope for me too haha.
Reply 39
ash_moo
my god, how old are you?
please say you're a late developer. might be some hope for me too haha.

I'm 18 and a half. Had nothing at all til I was about 18 and 2 months!

Latest