The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought the essay questions were horrible, A4 and B5 were fine. The one on the USA, I totally skipped out 'cause we'd never done anything about it, and, as for the one of Africa, I don't think I wrote enough to get a decent-ish mark.:frown:

I liked the evaluation questions and the DME. That was fine and kind of perked me up a little after having done so crapply in Paper 1.

Just got to wait until August now and find out how I get on, doesn't matter anway, got in to uni!:biggrin:

Hope everyone did themselves justice, sure y'all did. :wink:

Advanced Gaidhlig tomorrow, should be fun! :eek:
Reply 41
-Founding principals of NHS
-£5 charge now implemented by SNP-they are a minority gov so needed cross party support for this
-America's poor health record
-Scotland compared to other EU countries-then related to source info
-IB and the benefit trap caused by taking away intitlement when someone starts work
-Contradiction in giving people free drugs in hosp and not outside
Thats all i can remember at the mo...i was for the proposal btw.
I thought it was an excellent paper, everything i revised came up. I did voting behaviour, powers of the president, gender and ethnic inequalities and health and education in Africa. What a way to end my last exam!
Reply 43
I didn't finish half of my china essay. Which is a bummer.

The DME was great i think. I used lone parents statistics( it does actually make sense if you read it), persription down to £5 and i cant remember what else.

i got two exams left- drama writen and latin. same day. fun fun.
I thought the questions on paper 1 were great =)

we were at the higher modern studies conference in march, and everything they were talking about there came up - powers of the president and problems in Africa... (only thing was that I was halfway through talking about HIV/AIDS when I realised it was HEALTH CARE not HEALTH, but i think i managed to twist it)

and I'd sort of guessed that voting behaviour would come up

did anyone do b6? that seemed quite weird ...
Reply 45
sarahleslie1
I thought the questions on paper 1 were great =)

we were at the higher modern studies conference in march, and everything they were talking about there came up - powers of the president and problems in Africa... (only thing was that I was halfway through talking about HIV/AIDS when I realised it was HEALTH CARE not HEALTH, but i think i managed to twist it)

and I'd sort of guessed that voting behaviour would come up

did anyone do b6? that seemed quite weird ...

health care? oh crap..

what on earth was b6.
"Critically examine the view that government, not individuals, should be responsible for health care and weldare provision"

or was your question rhetorical?
Reply 47
Ah yeah, I wrote about the founding principle of the NHS and talked about the American system too :biggrin: For BK I mean
oooh i mentioned how american citizens envied our system also :biggrin:

i also added in a completely random rebuttal for one of my arguments against about how 1/3 of pensioners don't claim up to the minimum income guarantee because means testing is too intrusive but oh well :s-smilie:

evaluating questions should be an easy 10% hopefully!
I should have been sitting this exam today - how was it?
Reply 50
Really good. Why didnt you sit it?
0129Hippy
Really good. Why didnt you sit it?

One word: unconditional. :rolleyes:

I didn't enjoy the Higher since I've become much more dedicated to maths/science subjects, which is why I chose the degree course I have. Anything based on essay-writing I know I'll flop on! :p:
Reply 52
Captain Biggles
One word: unconditional. :rolleyes:

I didn't enjoy the Higher since I've become much more dedicated to maths/science subjects, which is why I chose the degree course I have. Anything based on essay-writing I know I'll flop on! :p:

SNAP! But im a year younger so had to go through with all the polava etc etc. Not turning up to the exam atall though?-thats hard core! Oh wells, bring on Adv Maths!
0129Hippy
SNAP! But im a year younger so had to go through with all the polava etc etc. Not turning up to the exam atall though?-thats hard core! Oh wells, bring on Adv Maths!

Haha, I am hardcore. :cool:

Have you sat Adv Maths this year or next? I sat it this year - no work = brick exam! :p:
Now I think back to my gender/race essay, I think I wrote more about the inequalities they face rather than how the government tries to reduce them :hmmmm2:
Reply 55
I am feeling worse about the exam now than when I came out of it yesterday. :frown:

I had to ask for extra paper for the essays (I write fairly big) and the invigilators had forgotten to bring it into the exam room so one of them had to go and get some for me. That lost me five minutes, I was raging!
Reply 56
Kirstin85
I am feeling worse about the exam now than when I came out of it yesterday. :frown:

I know how you feel, trying not to dwell on how awful I did by doing lots of revision for AH Computing on Monday...

Atleast it's over! I'm sure we will have both passed :]
Kirstin85

I had to ask for extra paper for the essays (I write fairly big) and the invigilators had forgotten to bring it into the exam room so one of them had to go and get some for me. That lost me five minutes, I was raging!

Didn't they give you more time. Our invigilators are pretty laid back. (Someone was 10 minutes late for our Geography exam and we had to wait for them to come, then he gave us an extra 10 mins)
Reply 58
Just Plain Bob.
Didn't they give you more time. Our invigilators are pretty laid back. (Someone was 10 minutes late for our Geography exam and we had to wait for them to come, then he gave us an extra 10 mins)

All of our invigilators are definitely ex-SAS. The chief sets his watch timer for each exam and stops everyone exactly on the dot and they all walk about with their hands behind their back with very hard-soled shoes. It's like there's a group of bloody horses in the hall.
Just Plain Bob.

Our invigilators are like that. :smile:

Well, they are for Standard Grades because it's our first diet of exams.

Latest

Trending

Trending