The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i´m being interviewed by professor gowers in the morning of 6th dec. he´s a field medaillist + his is in number theory (or analysis?) and combinatorics.
Reply 61
:: Maths ::

sorry for this double post but i got two questions:

On that brochure "mathematics at trinity" it says that out of the candidates called for interview essentially every 2nd one is getting an offer O_O is it true? i mean it contradicts the fact that trinity invites every candidates to interview and ratio of candidates/place is 4/1. anyone noticed that, too?

the other question: the title of the speciman test is 'Mathematics 2'. are there different tests with variing difficulty? or does it just refer to the day this test was given out?
Reply 62
xyro
On that brochure "mathematics at trinity" it says that out of the candidates called for interview essentially every 2nd one is getting an offer O_O is it true? i mean it contradicts the fact that trinity invites every candidates to interview and ratio of candidates/place is 4/1. anyone noticed that, too?

They may expect a lot of people to fail to get the STEP grades?

A.
Reply 63
Hi misshn, which subject?

My subject is maths. thanx for ur help
Reply 64
Hi, im also applying for maths :smile:

xyro
:: Maths ::

maybe its different for maths (ie they dont invite everyone or there r less applicants per place (i doubt the latter tho :smile:))
Reply 65
xyro
i´m being interviewed by professor gowers in the morning of 6th dec. he´s a field medaillist + his is in number theory (or analysis?) and combinatorics.

he does functional analysis and combinatorics actually. i ve got "dr leader and dr kennedy" on the 7th :smile:
Reply 66
Cosmin
he does functional analysis and combinatorics actually. i ve got "dr leader and dr kennedy" on the 7th :smile:

Dr K! Holy jeez!

Dr K rocks! :smile:

Tell him Shiny says Hi! :wink:
Reply 67
shiny
Dr K! Holy jeez!

Im now worried that you were truly christened as shiny... Please say its a nickname!
Reply 68
shiny
Dr K! Holy jeez!

Shiny, Dr. K is going to be my tutor next year - what is he like?
Reply 69
RobbieC
Im now worried that you were truly christened as shiny... Please say its a nickname!

Errrr .... :biggrin:
Reply 70
JaF
Shiny, Dr. K is going to be my tutor next year - what is he like?

Dr K rocks! :eek:

Very funny guy and not like your stereotypical stuffy nose Don at all :biggrin:

Audrey (his Secretary) rocks too! She's very efficient :biggrin:
Reply 71
If anyone wants to ask any questions, I'm at Trinity now, just started. If it helps you stop panicking about sending in essays, i sent a piece of Physics coursework to support my application for Classics! Just send something good, don't stress too much! Im happy to answer Trinity related questions if u post them in here (or somewhere else I can find them) x x x
Reply 72
puppy
If anyone wants to ask any questions, I'm at Trinity now, just started. If it helps you stop panicking about sending in essays, i sent a piece of Physics coursework to support my application for Classics! Just send something good, don't stress too much! Im happy to answer Trinity related questions if u post them in here (or somewhere else I can find them) x x x

A new generation of Trinity student to replace the old one ... *feels old* :redface:
Reply 73
Shiny shiny shiny *bounces up and down* shiny :biggrin:

Shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny *and carries on...........*

Shiny. You're Shiny! *bounces up and down* :biggrin:

Don't ask me why I just felt like doing that :rolleyes:
Reply 74
Carry on irisng ... I don't mind :cool:
Reply 75
Shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny shiny *bounces* :biggrin:
Reply 76
:cool:
Reply 77
does anyone know if you get confirmation when you've applied to stay overnight at trinity? i sent off a form a while ago saying i wanted to stay over the night before - and haven't had a response. pls help! :smile:

:cool: RJ
-RJ-
does anyone know if you get confirmation when you've applied to stay overnight at trinity? i sent off a form a while ago saying i wanted to stay over the night before - and haven't had a response. pls help! :smile:

:cool: RJ

I haven't heard anything either. :confused:
Reply 79
englishstudent
I haven't heard anything either. :confused:

Ring someone, you must have a number? Accommodation office are very helpful. Oooooooo you might be staying in my room!!! If anyone ends up staying in C12 Wolfson then i better not find anything messed up!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending