The Student Room Group

The Classic Rock Society Thread

Classic Rock Society

Society for true rockers, young and old, to come together in one faith.
:thrasher:

Discuss classic rock here till your fingers cease up.

Join Here

THE CLASSIC ROCK SOCIETY's TOP 20:

Spoiler

Members:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Guess what?

I want to go to a gig so badly right now.
Reply 2
aha don't we all!
any one in particular?
uthred50
aha don't we all!
any one in particular?

I went to Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, and Atreyu 2 weeks ago and it was awesomeee. I really wanna mosh to them again :smile: I've always wanted to see Metallica though.
Reply 4
ooh yeh id like to see metallica too :d
Reply 5
Let's talk about classic rock!

AC/DC, Cream, Boston, Kiss, Thin Lizzy...
Reply 6
Ok.
I've got to strat by saying, whiskey in the jar(o) has one of THE most memorable and likable guitar solos of all time. It rules :biggrin:

ACDC i feel a bit sorry for malcom because angus always steals the limelight but malcom on the better guitarist really :s-smilie: :smile:

uth
Reply 7
uthred50
Ok.
I've got to strat by saying, whiskey in the jar(o) has one of THE most memorable and likable guitar solos of all time. It rules :biggrin:

Yess, I really like the Metallica cover too.

I think Dancing In The Moonlight is one of my favourite Thin Lizzy songs.
Reply 8
Yeh i like that too. Is stairway to heaven overrated do you think?
Reply 9
Definitely, it bores the pants off me.

Out On The Tiles is much better.

Or Rock'n'Roll.
Lynyrd Skynyrd. Gary Rossington & Allen Collins on Freebird are immense. and Ronnie's vocals are awesome!

uthred50
Ok.
ACDC i feel a bit sorry for malcom because angus always steals the limelight but malcom on the better guitarist really :s-smilie: :smile:
uth

Too right.

It's like Gene Simmons in Kiss, people usually forget Paul, Ace and Pete because Gene takes the limelight.

Angus is pretty cool though!
Reply 11
I know they're more prog rock but Rush, anyone?
Reply 12
certainly not!

and yes, thelegendishere gene is the same
Reply 13
I can't stand Geddy's voice so I'm not the biggest Rush fan.
Reply 14
Guys the actually society this thread was made for is still pending approval. If it's approved (and i can't see why it shouldn't be; there isnt another classic rock society already) i'l post the link up on here right away. I hope one day we can rival the metalhead society in member numbers :biggrin:
Classic rock for the win!

uth =]
Reply 15
Angus has the better stage persona :wink:.
Stairway To Heaven is a masterpeice.
Aerosmith are the greatest classic rock band. :biggrin:.
Reply 16
Why Aerosmith?
When you are saying they are better than the likes of Led zepo, Queen and thin lizzie, well, that's a tall order. What makes them deserve such a title? :tongue:

uth =]
Reply 17
Steven Tyler has one of the most unique voices in music, plus the band is just pure hard rock and roll and its awesome :biggrin:.
That said, could we call Guns N' Roses classic rock, in a sense they did do classic rock but arent a classic band but they were amazing. Led Zeppelin are being too sucky about going on tour, I mean it'd sell out almost instantly and they should preform for their life long fans.
Queen was all about Freddie Mercury, I dont think the new band is at all the same quality as it was but I think Brian May was a great guitarist but Jimmy Page was far better :biggrin:.
Lets not forget Van Halen.....
Reply 18
Brian May is still a great guitarist i'l have you know!
That's why i'm going to see him. And good ol' roger too of course :smile:
Reply 19
Yeah I meant is, didnt mean it like he cant play anymore :biggrin:.
Also I would regard The Who as classic rock and they really did start rock off in some respects, also Hendrix. SO many but none are as good as U2. (Waits for the U2 hate to come :biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest