The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else doing 4 and 5 Judaism on Friday? What u know for it?
:smile: hoping sociology of religion= marxism comes up and maybe environmental ethics.. there are so many topics to revise for phil2 and eth2 tomorrow.. i've gone over them all just need to do more past paper practise
Reply 22
ok i was wondering with the whole gambling thing.....
how many topic do u thin we need to cover to be on the safe side.
4?
Reply 23
I spent today looking through past papers with my teachers and sometimes a topic comes up twice, but none that we looked through had it come up 3 times, so if you want to try it, you can probably get away with missing out one topic for Philosophy and one topic for Ethics, as long as you know the others really well.

Not highly recommended mind, but as a last option...! :smile:

I'm hoping life after death and religious experience come up for Philosophy and free will and determinism and conscience for Ethics!
how did everyone find it? thought it was harddd.. what i wanted didn't come up..
Reply 25
I found philosophy hard....I couldnt answer anything!
...Ethics was ok though, I wanted freewill and conscience so I was happy with that :smile:
same.. mind kinda went blank and didn;t know what to write.. do not many people take RS? seems kinda empty here lol x
Reply 27
I think I fell into the trap of not actually answering the question and writing everything I knew about the topic :frown: For the ethics questions especially as they were really vague (i did free will and conscience). But hopefully that should be enough to get me 34 or so for each question, what do you reckon? Hows everyone preparing for the synoptic?
Reply 28
*mMmMm*
same.. mind kinda went blank and didn;t know what to write.. do not many people take RS? seems kinda empty here lol x

Theres only 5 people in my class! lol!

...erm I have no idea how im preparing for the synoptic yet...im getting all my history and psychology exams out the way before I look at it. I see the night before being very long and caffine fuelled lol!
Reply 29
i remember turning the page over and staring at the questions. i literally felt sick to the stomach because i didn't know much about any of them. it was so hard, and i am so screwed! I need a B in this paper, and unless i can make it up in the synoptic, which isn't my best area, i doubt i am going to get it. It was by far an evil, evil paper.

Which questions did everyone do?
i LOVED the ethics paper because the determinism question was so open you could write about the 3 types, and i had literally just done and got marked the christian ethics/utilitarianism question
I did the conscience question and the one on sex and relationships.
What did people write about the myth and scriptures ?

And how about for virtue ethics and sexual relationshipx?
c.h.r.i.s.s.y

Went through what virtue ethics was, how it relates to sex, it's good points, and it's bad points and what other people eg feminists, libertarians would have to say about it.
Reply 34
c.h.r.i.s.s.y

for myth i wrote alot about bultmanns idea of de-mythologisation and karen armstrongs book and how myths shouldnt be taken literal.

for scripture i mentioned the inspirationalist and traditionalist viewpoint.
For Free will and determinism did people mention alot about Kant?
c.h.r.i.s.s.y

was gonna do myth but my mind went blank :frown: and so I did body/soul instead

For the scripture I wrote about the liberal view, then bultman, then liberal, then muslim and atheist view, then brefily about verfication in my conclusion
Reply 37
i did myth and scripture, but i don't want to think about what i put -- so bad!
Reply 38
c.h.r.i.s.s.y

No...oh dear :frown: lol
c.h.r.i.s.s.y

Why would you mention Kant :confused:

Latest