Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
dorianhwang
I hope we wont touch those political items here. Take it easy and be happy

agreed.
hello...=)
question...^^"
as a student who studies A level music... is your first name really called "dorian?" i'm intrigued.
i shouldn't be up at this time. but i'm doing stupid music coursework.
Hi. Yes im from ancient Greece, but releted neither to war nor to religions. Hope you are doing fine and survive there. :biggrin:
DrunkHoboGuy
I dont want to be seen as racist, but how come you Chinese people have access to this website?

because it's on the world wide web. :rolleyes:
DrunkHoboGuy
But the firewall of China?

The dragon moderators are sleeping at the moment. :rolleyes:
dorianhwang
I hope we wont touch those political items here. Take it easy and be happy

Oh i'd love it if it did! :yep:

I'm an expert at verbally crushing anyone who has any political beef with China. :giggle:
dafunkyguy
Really? I really try to learn it everyday...but I can't seem to write it that well. You just forget it even though it's a character that you usually use. :redface:

Well...I don't speak Mandarin that well...and I'm actually learning Mandarin. However...I can speak Cantonese really well and English to a certain extent...so my Mandarin skills aren't really that good. Nevertheless...I'm going to continue to keep studying Mandarin in university and eventually learn how to write Simplified Chinese perfectly. :smile:

I actually think that learning Cantonese is much harder than learning Mandarin...because there aren't many classes for Cantonese. It is also a dialect...so lots of expressions are different from Mandarin. In addition, Mandarin is the main dialect in China...so everyone would know how to converse in it...whereas Cantonese is just a dialect for people in 廣東省 and 香港. Therefore, it is hard to grasp the concepts and skills needed to learn Cantonese.

Her new albums are too expensive...but luckily...I can afford the Hong Kong version. The Japanese version is way more expensive than the Hong Kong version...almost twice the price. :yep:

Actually...your English is almost at a native level. It's just that you have to move on to the next level...now that your basic skills are already developed...so start learning more vocabulary. When you finish that level, head on to another level...and you'll eventually become fluent without exception. :biggrin:

I'm actually not that fluent in English...because I sometimes stutter and I can't express myself in some ways. Nevertheless, I can grasp the concepts and apply it into my daily life. :smile:

I'm also learning French as well...since I'm studying the language at school as well. However...it is really hard to learn...because there are a lot of rules relating to grammar and lots of verb conjugations.

hifive...^^ dafunkyguy, i miss you. x i've been really busy these days but i'm happy that i've finally pull off sparing a little time to come to this cordial society again.:smile:

thanks for your encouragement but i guess i've still got a long way to go before i can evetually reach the fluency level. :smile:

it's such a surprise that i used to think english is your native tongue.:biggrin: so, our little male linguist, dafunkyguy, is gonna to be good. :yep: lol. yeah, i admire you who are talent in speaking five languages including french and janpanese. :tongue: i think being capable of speaking good Cantonese is a great challenge, isn't it? haha.

CD's of its original version is considerablely dear if compared to that published in domestic market.

it's midnight here and i'm feeling too drowsy. so......... c'ya later! :biggrin:
Kagutsuchi
Oh i'd love it if it did! :yep:

I'm an expert at verbally crushing anyone who has any political beef with China. :giggle:

In what way? I must know! :eek:

China is a super cool country. It rocks every country in the world. :wink:
Original post by &#34183
hifive...^^ dafunkyguy, i miss you. x i've been really busy these days but i'm happy that i've finally pull off sparing a little time to come to this cordial society again.:smile:

thanks for your encouragement but i guess i've still got a long way to go before i can evetually reach the fluency level. :smile:

it's such a surprise that i used to think english is your native tongue.:biggrin: so, our little male linguist, dafunkyguy, is gonna to be good. :yep: lol. yeah, i admire you who are talent in speaking five languages including french and janpanese. :tongue: i think being capable of speaking good Cantonese is a great challenge, isn't it? haha.

CD's of its original version is considerablely dear if compared to that published in domestic market.

it's midnight here and i'm feeling too drowsy. so......... c'ya later! :biggrin:

Aww...you miss me? I'm happy that you replied me back! :yep:

I hope you feel better...you should get some sleep.

You can definitely reach the fluency level! :biggrin:

Well...I consider Cantonese as my native tongue...and English as my second language. It is true...after all. :smile:

Well...I've just started to learn Japanese...so that doesn't really count. It isn't really fluent. I'm all right in French...but it isn't at a native level. I could understand it though.

As for Mandarin, I wouldn't be able to really understand everything...but I could pick up some words when I hear it though. :tongue:

Therefore...I'm not as fluent as you think. :wink:

It's hard to grasp the concept of Cantonese...especially for foreign speakers...but I think you should be fluent in Cantonese if you learn it in 4 years...I suppose.

Well...the Japanese version is too expensive...so I guess the Hong Kong version is just as good for about half the price.

Good night!
Reply 2848
dafunkyguy

yeah 九寨沟 is amazinb, i have been there , its like paradise :eek3:
dafunkyguy

Exactly. :wink: I just have a way of pointing out the holes at every bad thing people think of China. :tongue:
Reply 2850
1Mperios
Congrats, I am not chinese but yeah.... anyway yeah.....

Merci!

ttoffee
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
congrats linnnnca2 XD!!
*dances in circles* LOL
saaaaffeeeee HAHA

Thanks my fellow burger. lol lol.
Woohoo dance dance dance. Got to choreo more dance T___T.
Oh well I love dancing :biggrin: yay. Let's dance some more. haha.

Oh yeah. Am I right in saying that someone was making fun of our Jesus? oO

dafunkyguy
Congratulations linca2! You got an offer! :eek:

I really envy you. :frown:

Thanks funkydude. =D XD ^___^ You'll get yours too if you just + oil.

I'm so bored. Damn I really should sleep.
addison1
yeah 九寨沟 is amazinb, i have been there , its like paradise :eek3:

Wow...I just checked it and it looks wonderful! I wish I could visit 九寨溝 some day. It's in 四川省 right?
Kagutsuchi
Exactly. :wink: I just have a way of pointing out the holes at every bad thing people think of China. :tongue:

Well...to be honest...China has its ups and downs...but I think the advantages beat the disadvantages. :biggrin:
linca2
Thanks funkydude. =D XD ^___^ You'll get yours too if you just + oil.

I'm so bored. Damn I really should sleep.

Haha...I guess funkydude shall be my nickname. :yep:

I hope I could get mine soon. :frown:
Reply 2854
ni hao everyone!! :smile:
Reply 2855
dafunkyguy
Wow...I just checked it and it looks wonderful! I wish I could visit 九寨溝 some day. It's in 四川省 right?

yes its a 仙境, too many cool places in china
i hope they are not going to get polluted soon :s-smilie:
wow... this is one long... room thing lol~
anyways yeas :smile:
Reply 2857
Hey any advice on where to go in Shenzen?
(gweilo living in HK :smile: )
dafunkyguy
I'm fine...thank you. :biggrin:

You should post more often. :yep:

I probably should. :frown:
I am busy a lot these days...
Reply 2859
dafunkyguy
Haha...I guess funkydude shall be my nickname. :yep:

I hope I could get mine soon. :frown:

Yeah. funkydude > dafunkyguy XD ^___^
You're in Canada though right?
So you applied for Canadian unis? oO
If so, are the deadlines for replies etc at around the same time over there? =p
Sorry ... you've probably already said which unis you're applying to many times already XD. :eek3: <<< Haha i love that face. =D

Quick Reply