The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Sovay
ni hao everyone!! :smile:

Hello...and welcome to the Chinese Society! I hope you enjoy your stay here! :biggrin:
addison1
yes its a 仙境, too many cool places in china
i hope they are not going to get polluted soon :s-smilie:

Yeah...I think there are so many beautiful places in China that I would like to visit. :tongue:

Nevertheless...I think it would be polluted and probably become a commercial or residential are aby the time I visit there. :frown:
Jendaline
wow... this is one long... room thing lol~
anyways yeas :smile:

Welcome to the Chinese Society! I hope you enjoy your stay here! :biggrin:
jcb309
Hey any advice on where to go in Shenzen?
(gweilo living in HK :smile: )

Wow...you're a 鬼佬? That's awesome! :smile:

Well...I don't have any suggestions...since I haven't been to many places in 深圳...so I can't help you there. :redface:

You should probably just stay in Hong Kong. :yep:
Eloquency
I probably should. :frown:
I am busy a lot these days...

That's good. :smile:

Well...you should work then. :biggrin:
linca2
Yeah. funkydude > dafunkyguy XD ^___^
You're in Canada though right?
So you applied for Canadian unis? oO
If so, are the deadlines for replies etc at around the same time over there? =p
Sorry ... you've probably already said which unis you're applying to many times already XD. :eek3: <<< Haha i love that face. =D

You like that nickname instead? All right...I'll let YOU call me funkydude. Just you. :smile:

Yeah...I'm in Canada...so I'm applying to Canadian universities. :yep:

Well...the applications are already due...I'm just waiting for offers. It takes time though. :wink:

I actually didn't say which universities I'm applying to...because no one asked. :eek3:

I really doubt that you'll know those universities anyways...so I might as well not say anything. :tongue:
Reply 2866
dafunkyguy
You like that nickname instead? All right...I'll let YOU call me funkydude. Just you. :smile:

Yeah...I'm in Canada...so I'm applying to Canadian universities. :yep:

Well...the applications are already due...I'm just waiting for offers. It takes time though. :wink:

I actually didn't say which universities I'm applying to...because no one asked. :eek3:

I really doubt that you'll know those universities anyways...so I might as well not say anything. :tongue:

I don't really mind to be honest... XD But if you insist, I'll call you funkydude. lol =D haha.

Mmm hmm tell me about it eh ... offers do take time. T_T I waited all the way from October to Feb 25th for my first offer and even still with Imperial, my interview isn't even until 31st Mar. X__X

Aw no. You have to say! Don't leave me in the dark. You'd be surprised how much we might know about Canada :cool:.
im guessing most the people here speak manderine?(sorry if i spelt it wrong XD)
Heya everyone! Ni Hao! (Sorry, dunno how to write accents or write chinese on computer!)

Revising Mandarin Chinese. I got this Listening, Reading and Writing exam on the last Tuesday of March. Nervous on the Writing exam though, lol. Oh, it's breakthrough Mandarin since they don't have AS Mandarin at our school. :frown: Has anyone ever done a Breakthrough Mandarin exam before?
nope, most my family from hong kong (my dads side) but my mums side is from shanghai but they also live in hong kong i used to be able to speak fluent cantonese but when i went to school i had to learn english so in came one language and out went the other :frown: i know bits and bobs of cantonese though its quite embarrasing being chinese and not really being able to speak the language i mean ive lived in britain for my whole life, british don't see me as british because of my looks and chinese don't really see me as chinese becuase ive been in britain :frown: so... well i really got to restart speaking cantonese again
Reply 2870
linca2
Merci!

Thanks my fellow burger. lol lol.
Woohoo dance dance dance. Got to choreo more dance T___T.
Oh well I love dancing :biggrin: yay. Let's dance some more. haha.

Oh yeah. Am I right in saying that someone was making fun of our Jesus? oO

YES.
THEY ARE WARNED ¬_¬ "

xD
Reply 2871
Fudgethemonster
nope, most my family from hong kong (my dads side) but my mums side is from shanghai but they also live in hong kong i used to be able to speak fluent cantonese but when i went to school i had to learn english so in came one language and out went the other :frown: i know bits and bobs of cantonese though its quite embarrasing being chinese and not really being able to speak the language i mean ive lived in britain for my whole life, british don't see me as british because of my looks and chinese don't really see me as chinese becuase ive been in britain :frown: so... well i really got to restart speaking cantonese again

yeh i know what you mean with the "chinese don't really see me as chinese" that's a bit like me..
well when i speak canto in hk.. they know im british born haha.. british born chinese must have some specific cantonese accent xD ... i dunno... but my parents are from hk and everyone in my house speaks chinese.

haha just watch loads of TVB! and listen to loads of music etc etc.!!!!
TVB! hee-hee my cousins are addicted to that channel
Reply 2873
Fudgethemonster

Maybe some speak Cantonese?

I'm learning to speak mandarin at the mo, it's really confusing with the tones and pronouncing them! I had my first lesson today :smile:
Reply 2874
Fudgethemonster

My best friend is in a similar situation, her family is from Beijing but she moved to HK when she was like 2....and she always goes to the UK because she has lots of family there. So her accent is kind of strange when she speaks Cantonese because she speaks Mandarin at home and I'm English so she speaks English with me at school! Plus her face is different from people in Southern China... so people here (HK) treat her differently, they think she's adopted or something, or they always assume she doesn't speak canto!
Sorry if this has been posted before..
who else watches chinese series?

I personally prefer ancient times/older/war times, to modern day series , but depends
Yeh. so random splurt that =p

and HI
Reply 2876
yanyanyan
Sorry if this has been posted before..
who else watches chinese series?

I personally prefer ancient times/older/war times, to modern day series , but depends
Yeh. so random splurt that =p

and HI

What's that about ? :smile:
linca2
I don't really mind to be honest... XD But if you insist, I'll call you funkydude. lol =D haha.

Mmm hmm tell me about it eh ... offers do take time. T_T I waited all the way from October to Feb 25th for my first offer and even still with Imperial, my interview isn't even until 31st Mar. X__X

Aw no. You have to say! Don't leave me in the dark. You'd be surprised how much we might know about Canada :cool:.

Yes...you should! :biggrin:

Well...I think I got offers...but I really don't know. I've been avoiding the application centre and my e-mails for quite a while. :frown:

Aww...I'll bring you back in the light.

You should prove that to me then. Show me how much you know about Canada. :yep:
TheNihilist
Heya everyone! Ni Hao! (Sorry, dunno how to write accents or write chinese on computer!)

Revising Mandarin Chinese. I got this Listening, Reading and Writing exam on the last Tuesday of March. Nervous on the Writing exam though, lol. Oh, it's breakthrough Mandarin since they don't have AS Mandarin at our school. :frown: Has anyone ever done a Breakthrough Mandarin exam before?

Welcome to the Chinese Society! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here! :biggrin:

Wow...it must be hard revising all the material that you've learned. Good luck! :smile:
Fudgethemonster

Actually...2/5 of the people here could speak Mandarin Chinese...2/5 of the people here speak Cantonese or Hakka, and the 1/5 of the people here are foreigners or people that are interested in Chinese culture and the Chinese language. Some could even write Chinese and speak Mandarin Chinese. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest