The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I'm from Hong Kong. First time joining this thread since I just recently started coming back to TSR after a 3 year hiatus.

Am fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. That's about it. See you all around :smile:
leigh787
Hello! I'm from Hong Kong. First time joining this thread since I just recently started coming back to TSR after a 3 year hiatus.

Am fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. That's about it. See you all around :smile:

Welcome to the Chinese Society! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here! :smile:

Wow...that's great! You should communicate with us in Chinese then! :yep:
Haha 不過打中文字好麻煩啊!!!

I'm definitely a faster English typer...
dafunkyguy
Welcome to the Chinese Society! I hope you enjoy your stay here! :biggrin:

why thank you for your warm welcoming:biggrin: << if that makes any sense at all :curious:
i believe i shall be checking in here very often... though i dont quite get what this thread is for lol like... what to discuss haha

^^^^ wow... i made a discussion:woo:
Jendaline
why thank you for your warm welcoming:biggrin: << if that makes any sense at all :curious:
i believe i shall be checking in here very often... though i dont quite get what this thread is for lol like... what to discuss haha

^^^^ wow... i made a discussion:woo:

Well...as long as I could comprehend what you're saying...I suppose it should be correct...in a sense. :biggrin:

You should be checking here very often...after all...it is the Chinese Society! :yep:

Well...this thread is to join Chinese people together and discuss about topics that revolve around us. Basically anyone that is interested in Chinese culture and the Chinese language are welcomed. :smile:
dafunkyguy
Oh...why are you busy? It's your gap year after all.

unfortunately i too was under the impression that gap year was going to be a dos, alas no. I m doing medical research at newcastle uni, and its pretty tough going
leigh787
Haha &#19981;&#36942;&#25171;&#20013;&#25991;&#23383;&#22909;&#40635;&#29033;&#21834;!!!

I'm definitely a faster English typer...

I totally agree! I type so slow in Chinese!

&#25105;&#24819;&#25171;&#23383;&#25171;&#26356;&#24555;&#19968;&#40670;&#40670;&#21834;. :frown:

I believe that I type much faster in English...so that's a good thing. :yep:
Original post by &#20026
unfortunately i too was under the impression that gap year was going to be a dos, alas no. I m doing medical research at newcastle uni, and its pretty tough going

Wow...doing medical research seems pretty cool! I would definitely love to do that!

Do you have residence there and do they provide food for you? I hope they do that in exchange for your research. :smile:
Sovay
What's that about ? :smile:

The chinese dramas? from hong kong and china etc?
=p
Reply 2889
yanyanyan
The chinese dramas? from hong kong and china etc?
=p

Ah nope sorry!

but i love these guys :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPk85ayjrbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j80YDDfiaT4
Fudgethemonster
nope, most my family from hong kong (my dads side) but my mums side is from shanghai but they also live in hong kong i used to be able to speak fluent cantonese but when i went to school i had to learn english so in came one language and out went the other :frown: i know bits and bobs of cantonese though its quite embarrasing being chinese and not really being able to speak the language i mean ive lived in britain for my whole life, british don't see me as british because of my looks and chinese don't really see me as chinese becuase ive been in britain :frown: so... well i really got to restart speaking cantonese again

Do you know what is for those feelings, when we are not chinese , not britain, no-one of them ? No home place. Homeless :cool:
:eviltongue: hey, dafunkyguy, come back home home made &#23478;&#26063; is awesome!
Original post by &#34183
:eviltongue: hey, dafunkyguy, come back home home made &#23478;&#26063; is awesome!

Ah...I'm happy that you liked the song.

HOME MADE &#23478;&#26063; is coming up with a new album coming up on March 11, 2009. :smile:

&#20013;&#23798;&#32654;&#22025; had a new release on March 4, 2009. I think it should be out now. :yep:
dafunkyguy
Ah...I'm happy that you liked the song.

HOME MADE &#23478;&#26063; is coming up with a new album coming up on March 11, 2009. :smile:

&#20013;&#23798;&#32654;&#22025; had a new release on March 4, 2009. I think it should be out now. :yep:

i'm looking forward to it!:yep:
haha ok lol
so who here wears glasses lol
i have a theory that most chinese people wear glasses.. which seems kind of odd... like.. is it something in our genes etc that makes us more prone to visual problems...every where i look in hk people wear glasses...

wow... ^^^^^ what a great topic... not haha

wonder how many replies this would have haha
Original post by &#34183
i'm looking forward to it!:yep:

Haha...I'm happy that you are. :smile:
Jendaline
haha ok lol
i have a theory that most chinese people wear glasses.. which seems kind of odd... like.. is it something in our genes etc that makes us more prone to visual problems...every where i look in hk people wear glasses...

I wear glasses (or contacts). - Glasses makes me look kinda sophisticated :tongue:
Everyone else in my family (and most of my cousins) wears glasses too though, so maybe it's something to do with it. Do you wear glasses yourself?
dafunkyguy

Omg, I just noticed your sig. :tongue:
Very &#22909;&#21507; indeed :wink:
Hows things been going? :biggrin:
Reply 2899
Jendaline
haha ok lol

i think... u know how expensive the housing in hk are ,so some people are living in a small flat (compare to uk) even middle class but they still put a Huge TV in their living room, may be thats why it lead to so many ppl wear glasses i guess?! lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending