The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Jendaline
haha ok lol
so who here wears glasses lol
i have a theory that most chinese people wear glasses.. which seems kind of odd... like.. is it something in our genes etc that makes us more prone to visual problems...every where i look in hk people wear glasses...

wow... ^^^^^ what a great topic... not haha

wonder how many replies this would have haha

Thats so true! Most of my chinese friends in school wear glasses. I been wearing glasses since I was 10. I love my glasses! lol
did anyone go to a school here? because I had lots of chinese friend when I at school!
uk-education-blog
did anyone go to a school here? because I had lots of chinese friend when I at school!

Yeah, I'm a BBC so yeh, born and taught in da UK.
Jendaline
haha ok lol
i have a theory that most chinese people wear glasses.. which seems kind of odd... like.. is it something in our genes etc that makes us more prone to visual problems...every where i look in hk people wear glasses...

hehe i wear glasses! Well short sighted!
But i always wear contacts so no one knows xp
Original post by &#34315
Omg, I just noticed your sig. :tongue:
Very 好吃 indeed :wink:
Hows things been going? :biggrin:

Yay...you finally saw it! :biggrin:

Things are not going so well...but it's all right...I suppose.
Reply 2905
Jendaline
haha ok lol

i wear glasses. well the opticians said i have to wear it permanently but i don't like wearing glasses.. and choose to be rather blind.. but yeh i wear it pretty often these days cos it's rly hard to see things. im short sighted but then.. now i can't seem to see things close up T_T (e.g when reading piano scores when playing piano)...*sigh*... yeh i guess many chinese people wear glasses haha~
dafunkyguy
Yay...you finally saw it! :biggrin:

Things are not going so well...but it's all right...I suppose.

Whats wrong? Hope things get better for you!
If you ever need it, here's a listening ear. :smile:
ttoffee
i wear glasses. well the opticians said i have to wear it permanently but i don't like wearing glasses.. and choose to be rather blind.. but yeh i wear it pretty often these days cos it's rly hard to see things. im short sighted but then.. now i can't seem to see things close up T_T (e.g when reading piano scores when playing piano)...*sigh*... yeh i guess many chinese people wear glasses haha~

A lot of Chinese people also play the piano! :redface:
Hello hello, ni hao.

I used to live in Shanghai and have fluent enough Chinese, but I feel like I'm losing it because I never talk to anyone Chinese at home, I don't know anyone! I wondered if there might be someone here who could tell me where I can get a programme that allows me to type in characters on my computer? I think it would help a lot!
Original post by &#34315
A lot of Chinese people also play the piano! :redface:

I was taught how to play Beethoven's Fur Elise by an 8 year old girl in Beijing. 8 years old! I was embarrassed, but glad, because now I can show off.
Chase Me
I was taught how to play Beethoven's Fur Elise by an 8 year old girl in Beijing. 8 years old! I was embarrassed, but glad, because now I can show off.

Ohhh I remember Fur Elise used to be the only piece i could play. But it's been so long, I've forgotten how to lu. T_T
And yeah, so many people are amazing at piano so young O_O. Jealous =p
Do any of you lot like 'Thai Style Chicken Feet'?
Beef_Eater
Do any of you lot like 'Thai Style Chicken Feet'?

I'm not a fan of nibbling on chicken toes in general. I do, to be polite, but its really not pleasant. Same with pig trotters, they're some sort of speciality in Shanghai, and its not nice. Literally, chop off the whole foot, clean it up, and either braise it or just boil it. Eee.
Original post by &#34315
Whats wrong? Hope things get better for you!
If you ever need it, here's a listening ear. :smile:

I don't know...it's just so complicated. :frown:

Anyways...how are things going for you? Any acceptances? :wink:
Chase Me
Hello hello, ni hao.

I used to live in Shanghai and have fluent enough Chinese, but I feel like I'm losing it because I never talk to anyone Chinese at home, I don't know anyone! I wondered if there might be someone here who could tell me where I can get a programme that allows me to type in characters on my computer? I think it would help a lot!

Well...it's something normal. I think we all went through that kind of phase...where you dislike the language...and then all of a sudden...we go back to learning Chinese again. :smile:

I know of a program that you could use to type in Chinese characters. It's called NJStar. Here's the link:

http://www.njstar.com/download/njcwp.exe
Reply 2915
Original post by &#34315
Ohhh I remember Fur Elise used to be the only piece i could play. But it's been so long, I've forgotten how to lu. T_T
And yeah, so many people are amazing at piano so young O_O. Jealous =p

that's the only piece i have always disliked :wink: HAHA
so i never bothered playing it on the piano.. xD
i'm a french piano music fan... debussy and poulenc ..^_^" such beautiful music haha
ttoffee
that's the only piece i have always disliked :wink: HAHA
so i never bothered playing it on the piano.. xD
i'm a french piano music fan... debussy and poulenc ..^_^" such beautiful music haha

To be honest, I'm not overly fond of Fur Elise (after hearing those people adapting it into Canto-songs >.<), I like Marriage D'amour more. Have you heard that one before? ^^
So, have you been playing piano for long? :biggrin: People who play the piano have this... captivating mysticness to them, when theyre sitting at the piano playing away. :yep:
dafunkyguy
I don't know...it's just so complicated. :frown:

Anyways...how are things going for you? Any acceptances? :wink:

:consoles: i hope things get better for you ^^
Try not get too overstressed by it though, okay?
For me, things are okay I guess, definately not the best though. Aside from having a lot on my mind, I managed to break my keyboard (the enter key broke off) when I was typing up my essay. So yeah, not the best =p
Reply 2918
dafunkyguy
Yes...you should! :biggrin:

Well...I think I got offers...but I really don't know. I've been avoiding the application centre and my e-mails for quite a while. :frown:

Aww...I'll bring you back in the light.

You should prove that to me then. Show me how much you know about Canada. :yep:

LOL you really should check your emails.

Prove how much I know eh...

Just imagine that I'm reciting this to you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

XD =D
Original post by &#34315
:consoles: i hope things get better for you ^^
Try not get too overstressed by it though, okay?
For me, things are okay I guess, definately not the best though. Aside from having a lot on my mind, I managed to break my keyboard (the enter key broke off) when I was typing up my essay. So yeah, not the best =p

Well...it's getting a bit better. Thanks. :smile:

Well...I hope not. It is a bit overwhelming though. :frown:

Oh...that sucks. Did you hand in your essay on time though? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest