The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosemondtan
Maybe that's just me but oh well, thanks for the heads up!!

Any time! :smile:
Original post by TimidPhoenix
Thanks! :biggrin:

"Honky" is a racial slur for white people. When did you get called that? I think that's pretty shocking.

I think only people in the USA really use "honky" (probably from "honky-tonk") as a derogatory term for white people. In Asia I've heard "honkie" used as a (potentially slightly) derogatory term for Hong Kong people.
Original post by alex_hk90
I think only people in the USA really use "honky" (probably from "honky-tonk") as a derogatory term for white people. In Asia I've heard "honkie" used as a (potentially slightly) derogatory term for Hong Kong people.

I've heard it being used where I'm from a couple of times or so. And that doesn't surprise me.
I think only people in the USA really use "honky" (probably from "honky-tonk":wink: as a derogatory term for white people. In Asia I've heard "honkie" used as a (potentially slightly) derogatory term for Hong Kong people.

Yeah exactly! I'm not sure if it's derogatory (it doesn't sound very nice tbf)
does Tsinghua accept GCSE from International student
Hi I am doing an EPQ on the effects of Mandarin implementation as the official language of China on Chinese society and would appreciate it if anyone from China could fill out the following short questionnaire.

https://bilboroughcollege-my.sharepo...A56018880BA%7D

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by OmarNafie
does Tsinghua accept GCSE from International student

Here http://www.join-tsinghua.edu.cn/publish/bzw/7602/2016/20161008175400343423664/20161008175400343423664_.html is their website. I think you can check and email them.
Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread but I'm looking to track down where some tea I have came from so that I can buy some more of it. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

This one of the packets that the tea bags come in:

16215809_1348255345204883_719846600_n.jpg

Once again, major respect to anyone who can help!
Original post by CamLikesCookies
Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread but I'm looking to track down where some tea I have came from so that I can buy some more of it. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

Presume you've already tried the website listed on the back?
http://www.hbzpgy.com/

Failing that I guess try Chinatown?
Presume you've already tried the website listed on the back?
http://www.hbzpgy.com/

Failing that I guess try Chinatown?

Oh my God, I've been trying to find this stuff for months and I never even saw the website! Thank you very much! :h:
中国人在外面更需要团结
Chinese shall cooperate more often and be more active in the university and daily life
Hi,

I wondered if you might be able to offer me some advice. I've been tasked with trying to find a Chinese speaking graduate to come and work for the company I work for - VetPlus. The succesful applicant would have to be based in Lancashire for the first six months whilst they trained, before working back in China in a business development manager role.

How should I go about advertising such a role, or who do I need to speak to?

Thanks in advance for your help
Sam
Original post by VetPlus
Hi,

I wondered if you might be able to offer me some advice. I've been tasked with trying to find a Chinese speaking graduate to come and work for the company I work for - VetPlus. The succesful applicant would have to be based in Lancashire for the first six months whilst they trained, before working back in China in a business development manager role.

How should I go about advertising such a role, or who do I need to speak to?

Thanks in advance for your help
Sam

LinkedIn? Or direct to Lancashire university careers services/events maybe?
Hi! I will be studying MA in the UK starting Sep. Wondering anyone here from HK going to study postgraduate in the UK in the coming year? = )

Quick Reply

Latest