The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Hanoi
I think he meant 說話 but that is correct for Cantonese, maybe it's better written as just 話 as in 聽媽媽的話| ^^

i'm now depressed, yesterday some british morons annyed me, so i deleted a britsh from my msn buddy list. I regret having done that...
Now i can never find that person.....
Reply 1601
Eric Qin
i'm now depressed, yesterday some british morons annyed me, so i deleted a britsh from my msn buddy list. I regret having done that...

well you can still post on this forum and maybe you can find people to msn you
Hanoi
well you can still post on this forum and maybe you can find people to msn you

maybe that's too impolite to write in public........
Eric Qin
you mean this sentence?
没关系 has many translations, in different occasions peopel should use the different phrases.
I don't know clearly how to use those phrases.

Sometimes you send someone a gift, he or she say Thank U to you, then how to answer? In Chinese we say 不客气, but i didn't find the expressions with the same meaning in English.

Well...you say "No problem" for 不客氣...I guess. :smile:

For 沒關係...I guess you could translate it to "No problem"...but the literal meaning would be "It doesn't matter".
Hanoi
I think he meant 說話 but that is correct for Cantonese, maybe it's better written as just 話 as in 聽媽媽的話| ^^

That's what I thought...but again...I'm so bad at writing formally...hehe. :o:
dafunkyguy

For 沒關係...I guess you could translate it to "No problem"...but the literal meaning would be "It doesn't matter".

ok, thx
Eric Qin

You could say that you accidentally deleted him...you don't have to necessarily tell him everything...right? :yep:
Reply 1607
dafunkyguy

Actually 沒關係 has a 'deeper' meaning as 關係 means 'relations', people will say 沒關係 to mean 'it doesn't have an impact on our guanxi'.
Eric Qin
ok, thx

No problem...but if you want to say it in the most formal sense in terms of English...I guess you could say "You're welcome". This would be the most proper term...but either way...it is appropriate.
Hanoi
Actually 沒關係 has a 'deeper' meaning as 關係 means 'relations', people will say 沒關係 to mean 'it doesn't have an impact on our guanxi'.

Ahh...I see...

I guess this conversation is becoming a lesson for deeper meanings of expressions in the Chinese language. :biggrin:
Reply 1610
Eric Qin
maybe that's too impolite to write in public........

Maybe you can find a language buddy...
http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/Search.asp?selX3=1&selX6=12&selCountry=null&txtAgeMin=&txtAgeMax=&submit1=Search
You can get the MSN of English speaking people who want to learn Chinese.
Reply 1611
dafunkyguy
Ahh...I see...

I guess this conversation is becoming a lesson for deeper meanings of expressions in the Chinese language. :biggrin:

^^ Actually I haven't had much time to concentrate on learning Chinese recently, with all the uni stuff and book reading and revising I have to do, I think my Chinese has deteriorated a lot, I haven't been watching TVB either...:o: I'm so bad I need to motivate myself again...:frown:

By the way, do you know of any popular HK comedy shows? I can't seem to find much humour on TVB, they only seem to have slapstick Japanese-esque shows with all those stupid activities like eating sushi with a heap of wasabi :/ uhhh it just saddens me to watch it, funny maybe the first time but not the whole series! :o: I don't think Chinese like 'real' comedy? :confused: What do you think?
Hanoi

没关系=it doesn't matter, eg, someone touched you unconsciously, you should say 没关系=不要紧, no relation is the direct translation, if you think so called 有关系, that means, someone offended you, then you both have some relationships, you may ask for compensate. But usually you will not ask for compensate, if the other one just touched you...So we say 没关系
It doesn't matter means you just touched me, that's a littel case, i will not ask for the comensate, it doesn't matter....
My interpretation is excellent :biggrin:
dafunkyguy
No problem...but if you want to say it in the most formal sense in terms of English...I guess you could say "You're welcome". This would be the most proper term...but either way...it is appropriate.

Yeah, U R right, Thx for teaching me English, ------You're welcome.
Hanoi
^^ Actually I haven't had much time to concentrate on learning Chinese recently, with all the uni stuff and book reading and revising I have to do, I think my Chinese has deteriorated a lot, I haven't been watching TVB either...:o: I'm so bad I need to motivate myself again...:frown:

By the way, do you know of any popular HK comedy shows? I can't seem to find much humour on TVB, they only seem to have slapstick Japanese-esque shows with all those stupid activities like eating sushi with a heap of wasabi :/ uhhh it just saddens me to watch it, funny maybe the first time but not the whole series! :o: I don't think Chinese like real comedy? :confused:

Well...I haven't concentrated on learning Chinese either...it's been a while. I think I'm losing my grip on it...but I think it's time to review again.

I watch TVB shows sometimes...but there's so much stuff to do...it's getting on my nerves!

I know that 同事三分親 is a comedy...but it has been going on for a long time...and I heard that there's a new one called 畢打自己人 that is also a comedy...but I rarely see any comedy shows.

I know what you're talking about...I'm guessing it's 鐵甲無敵獎門人...right? :p: If you're talking about this how...I love it! However...it's a mere imitation of the funny and hilarious Japanese shows that I've seen...so it isn't as funny as I thought. Nevertheless...I still like the show!
Eric Qin
Yeah, U R right, Thx for teaching me English, ------You're welcome.

I guess I'll say 沒問題 or in Cantonese...唔駛客氣. :biggrin:
Hanoi
Maybe you can find a language buddy...
http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/Search.asp?selX3=1&selX6=12&selCountry=null&txtAgeMin=&txtAgeMax=&submit1=Search
You can get the MSN of English speaking people who want to learn Chinese.

Damn, that website is not free of charge
dafunkyguy
I guess I'll say 沒問題 or in Cantonese...唔駛客氣. :biggrin:

in Shanghainese, 伐搭界额=不客气
Eric Qin
in Shanghainese, 伐搭界额=不客气

Ahh...I see.

Well...there's many ways of saying 不客氣 in Cantonese as well...but that's one of the ways. :smile:
dafunkyguy
Ahh...I see.

Well...there's many ways of saying 不客氣 in Cantonese as well...but that's one of the ways. :smile:

Hey, guy, how to start a thread anonymously? Which button to set with?

Quick Reply

Latest