The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
EamonnHF
If and when you get an offer from LSE could you put reply with the following information:

Course:

Required Grades:

What level of choice is it for you:
(e.g. Ist choice or 6th choice)

I warn you, it's going to be a while...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
i agree ... what are u studying tom?
mandoman
i agree ... what are u studying tom?

Government, are you here as well?
tomhitchings
Government, are you here as well?

hey, i'm thinking of doing that :smile: and might apply to LSE. What are your predicted grades just out of curiousity.
Reply 5
Yup, it'd be good to know if Tom could tell us what subjecst he did :wink:
Reply 6
Yup, it'd be good to know if Tom could tell us what subjecst he did :wink: I am going to apply to that course myself.
Kiril
Yup, it'd be good to know if Tom could tell us what subjecst he did :wink: I am going to apply to that course myself.

I did...

A-Level: Physics (A), Maths (A) and Politics (A)
AS-Level: Economics (A), Media (A) and Citizenship (A)

On my UCAS form I had been predicted to get AAB for my A-Levels.

I took my UCAS application very seriously, and I have been asking around about the admissions procedure, this is the information that I have found:

1. It seems that grades serve, generally, as a prerequisite. Essentially, good GCSE and A-Level predictions determine whether or not you are to be considered for an offer. Those who hold those grades are then considered on an equal basis by comparing personal statements.

2. I have been told that each personal statement is looked at by at least two people, but usually three or four. I hope that this makes it clear to you that your personal statement is crucial, and what you should focus on.

However, I imagine that you all have already submitted to UCAS, so don't want me telling you about how good your p/s should be!

Finally, expect a decision at the end of March or early April. I recieved my offer on, I think, 31st March.

Good luck,

Tom
Reply 8
I have an offer from LSE! For Law M100 course
Conditions: AAA
Received: 15th December
UCAS form processed: 15th October
It at least comforts not getting into Oxford. I now really want to go to LSE. maybe see some of you next September?! :hello:
Reply 9
^ That'll be me then. *Sigh* I'm still bitter about Cambridge rejecting me. I REALLY wanted to get out of London. Oh well. See you there! (If I get the grades)
Reply 10
I havent heard from them yet!!
they sent me a letter sayin im on the short/waiting list? what the hell does that mean?!!
but a lot of people have recieved straight rejections from them.
EammonHF

I have an offer from LSE! For Law M100 course
Conditions: AAA
Received: 15th December
UCAS form processed: 15th October
It at least comforts not getting into Oxford. I now really want to go to LSE. maybe see some of you next September?!

london_bum
^ That'll be me then. *Sigh* I'm still bitter about Cambridge rejecting me. I REALLY wanted to get out of London. Oh well. See you there! (If I get the grades)

^Me three.

Does anybody know where the online accommodation form, for 2005/6, is?
Reply 12
Kuddly!
I havent heard from them yet!!
they sent me a letter sayin im on the short/waiting list? what the hell does that mean?!!
but a lot of people have recieved straight rejections from them.

Thats just cruel. I hope you get in because if you get a rejection after bein told that you are on the waiting list must be painful. I got a straight rejection but i got an offer from Oxford which is a more than adequate concelation. :smile:
Is no news good news, in your opinion?
Reply 14
Eammon I go to school in Bowdon, Altrincham Grammar School if you know it. Which primary school did you go to? and what u get at AS?
af1
Eammon I go to school in Bowdon, Altrincham Grammar School if you know it. Which primary school did you go to? and what u get at AS?

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeek
Reply 16
ye mate, if you wanna know a geek you should see this guy in my class. he is called oshea and he is the biggest racist ever you would not understand. he thinks hes a pimp as well, but hes just a pathetic ass. you should call him a geek not me.
Reply 18
truth is oshea, that is a bad picture. u r just naturally ugly, unlucky son. get out of this forum you thick ****, the only thing you can think of tht you are better than me at is drinking. how bad is your life? very thats how bad. go and attempt to pull a girl you spotty mofo with a stupid mishapen body.

Latest

Trending

Trending