The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
wizard710
Hate vultures
We were meant to do that one lesson when our teach was out on a course but we didn't do the work and she came back and had a massive stress

:biggrin:

Everyone in my class hated Vultures. I did as well at first but then realised it's actually one of the easier poems to analyse...and there's good contextual knowledge too.
hgm127

Everyone in my class hated Vultures. I did as well at first but then realised it's actually one of the easier poems to analyse...and there's good contextual knowledge too.

There is that good side but because our teacher was that angry we never did it in class again
Anyone here doing the same cluster as me?? I dont fully understand Love After Love..
No one does, we were talking about that in our revision class and our teacher was saying that the poet changes her ideas on it every time she reads it so there is no hope for us then.
Reply 64
I hate Love after Love. Really hate it! If you want I can look at my CGP guide and type up some notes on it from here...would help me revise too. :biggrin: If anyone wants me to let me know! :smile:

I'm hoping that Two Scavengers comes up, or Island Man, or Blessing. Those are the three I know the best I think...we did both clusters and there are some that I just cannot get to grips with, so if they came up, I'd be screwed! :biggrin:
hgm127
I hate Love after Love. Really hate it! If you want I can look at my CGP guide and type up some notes on it from here...would help me revise too. :biggrin: If anyone wants me to let me know! :smile:

I'm hoping that Two Scavengers comes up, or Island Man, or Blessing. Those are the three I know the best I think...we did both clusters and there are some that I just cannot get to grips with, so if they came up, I'd be screwed! :biggrin:

Lot of stuff you can talk about in scavengers so I hope that comes up
Reply 66
Island man and Blessing would be ideal
but I don't see them being that nice stingy AQA :mad2:
Lol :biggrin:
Yeah, seem a bit mean really do want Limbo to come up tho
Reply 68
Limbo came up last time didn't it?
Or is it me in the June 07 paper
Reply 69
Anyone got good notes about vultures?
Reply 70
The CGP Books are quite good but so are the york notes they're kinda deeper context wise.

Have a look on
http://www.universalteacher.org.uk/anthology/differentcultures.htm#vultures

These note are brief but the CGP and york notes are good if you can get your hands on them
hgm127

OOOH yess please type them up as I need some help I'd be really grateful :biggrin:
Nayberay
Limbo came up last time didn't it?
Or is it me in the June 07 paper

Yeah it did which is why I am disappointed that it won't come up
Reply 73
wizard710
Yeah it did which is why I am disappointed that it won't come up

Yeh but Limbo's a little bit deep there are quite a few different perceptions to it if you read it over and over again like our teacher made us do over and over and over again lol :mad2:
I'd like either Nothings Changed,Island Man Blessing or Vultures to come up

I mean its english language why do we have to do some lit in the start of the second paper its so annoying
Anyone else think half-caste would be the easiest poem to analyse or if not which poem would be for you and why
Reply 75
hgm127

please do.
Anyway, I am going up to do some revision now
Reply 77
wizard710
Anyway, I am going up to do some revision now

good idea/luck!!
Reply 78
Thamizhan
please do.

Okay, no problem. Will do them sometime this afternoon after I've completed my history notes! :smile:
Reply 79
hgm127
Okay, no problem. Will do them sometime this afternoon after I've completed my history notes! :smile:

if possible.. PM the notes to me, because i might forget to visit this thread.. or you can send me the link of the page. thanks.

Latest