The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We're doing both clusters :biggrin:
I only do Cluster 1. I'd say that it really depends on the question but Nothing's Changed and Limbo go together quite well as they are both politically centred ie. one about slavery, the other about segregation. Also, if you had a question on use of contrast, Two Scavs and Island Man. For a question about evil you could write well about Vultures and What Were They Like.
Take a look at the poem analysis thread and it also much depends on what theme is being questioned.
hupper12345
not related to question but...anyone know each word for the letters in "A FOREST" used in persuading ?????

We use deforest
D- Descriptive Language
E -Emotive Language
F- Facts
O-Opinons
R-Rhetorical Questions
E-Exaggeration
S-Statistics
T-Triple Structure
polkadot4
We use deforest
D- Descriptive Language
E -Emotive Language
F- Facts
O-Opinons
R-Rhetorical Questions
E-Exaggeration
S-Statistics
T-Triple Structure

thank you xx what does triple structure stand for ? understand structure but triple?
hupper12345
thank you xx what does triple structure stand for ? understand structure but triple?

I think she means groups of three. For example "They are beautiful, amazing and wonderful" Rubbish example, but I'm sure you get the jist of it :wink:
Yes that's what I mean, and no problem :wink:
Has anyone seen in the cgp book for other cultures poems and the sample essays at the back. They have a guide on how to strucutre your essay using the 5 step plan. Does anyone find this useful to them & if they do why is it so good, similarly if they don't then what's negative about it?
(edited 11 years ago)
No I havent got one unfortunately. Any chance anyone could scan it in ?
polkadot4
Yes that's what I mean, and no problem :wink:

thank you!

Latest