Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
me neither, but dont think i'll get an offer coz im not doing further maths
Reply 3
lovebourbon
me neither, but dont think i'll get an offer coz im not doing further maths

hehe u'll get an offer if ur Predicted AAA and ur doing a-level maths and Economics.
Further maths is only important if ur applying to LSE/Cambridge.
Reply 4
Hey, i got an offer! L100 AAB
Reply 5
lovebourbon
Hey, i got an offer! L100 AAB

same!!
Reply 6
hey we rock!! well done
Reply 7
lovebourbon
hey we rock!! well done

ive had bristol and ucl offers so haappi

my camb interview wasnt too good
Reply 8
I sooooo want a UCL offer so so much!!! I've got my camb interview on 5th/6th dec not looking forward to it

What college did you apply to it seems really early to have had an interview already?
Reply 9
lovebourbon
I sooooo want a UCL offer so so much!!! I've got my camb interview on 5th/6th dec not looking forward to it

What college did you apply to it seems really early to have had an interview already?

yeh me and pixie both applied christs...they had theri interviews early for sum reason or another
Reply 10
i just got an AB offer for L100!!!!
Reply 11
deianra
Applied for Econ and Management...I suppose I'll have to wait a little while longer. :frown:

yeh....but u'll get in cos the management part makes the degree easier
Reply 12
temilola
i just got an AB offer for L100!!!!

bristol?

congrats
Reply 13
deianra
:rolleyes: Prove it.

Normally, the straight Economics degree just gives you more extra outside options. The Management part normally just turns those outside options into Management.

You could just as well do E&M and get in for L100.

lol...its the truth....not cos i applied for L100,,,cos there are harder courses then staright econ

just management makes it more dos (unless at oxford)
Reply 14
deianra
The fact that a course might be "dos" (sic) doesn't make it any less difficult to get into. And I thought we proved on the other thread that throwing Management into a title of a course actually makes it more popular?

are u so stupid that y dont understand the difference between popular and difficult?

being popular means it attracts loads of 'lesser ability' ppl as well.. I know u aint one - but thats the truth.

dont be so stupid
Reply 15
deianra
So what's with this reasoning?

"yeh....but u'll get in cos the management part makes the degree easier"

(I took that to mean "easier to get into" as the difficulty of the course has nothing to do with my chances of getting in)
So nyeh :tongue:

im not saying that u will only get in cos its easier. I accpet ull probably get in newhere but the management part attracts so many poorer people then pure eocnomics does. AS a result it is effectively less ocmpetetive (for the better cnadidates)
Reply 16
deianra
But why would an E&M course attract poorer people? *shakes head* The E&M course does everything that's covered in the normal Econ course with a Management part as well. It doesn't cut down the Econ course, it adds to it.

the word management appeals to ppl who cant do econ bcos its too tough. And the EM course does not do exactly the whole eocn course....it does cut out bits.

The one at bristol is NOT joint honour....so i dunno wot u r thinking
Reply 17
once agia...the arguement was on whether it as easier to get into or not...not whether its easier once there
Reply 18
D why are you so defensive about your course choices all the time?
Reply 19
deianra
But according to your reasoning "the word management appeals to ppl who cant do econ bcos its too tough." If the course is very similar, then they have to do the same amount of Economics, so why would it appeal to people who aren't of the ability to apply for L100?!

If anything, it's people who exceed the L100 expectations, who want to do Management as well. After all, E&M is simply the L100 with more.

okay then......its good to see that you cant see out of yourself...so bloody full of it

I agree with krim...why the neeed to always be so defensive bout ur couse?

is it just an exterior so that you can hide form the reality of it all?

Latest

Trending

Trending