The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language

Hi all,

Hope your revision for subjects are going well. Mine isn't :eek:

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone was doing any revision for english language and if so how? Except for reading the pre-released booklet

I also have a couple of important questions, which hopefully some people can help with :smile:

First of all, in a question about a letter do we have to use the formal structure. I.e your address, their address or is this not important? :s-smilie:

And secondly, one of the AQA spec B questions was you are saying a speech analyzing the concept that young people are subjected to alot of stress. In this are we meant to show both sides? It says analyze, so i was thinking both sides but then it says are subjected too... rather than if young people are subjected to too much stress.

Thanks a lot for all your help. Not only for reading all that :smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
I am doing, Spec A so can't answer the second question but in reply to the first question a formal letter needs to structured formally, ie address, date etc yours sincerely
Reply 2
wizard710
I am doing, Spec A so can't answer the second question but in reply to the first question a formal letter needs to structured formally, ie address, date etc yours sincerely

Would you receive 'bonus' marks for putting it into letter form, regardless of content?
Reply 3
im doing spec A sorry
Plato123
Would you receive 'bonus' marks for putting it into letter form, regardless of content?

I don't think so, my teacher always said just put 'to: xxx' at the top then start it, may be wrong though.
Reply 5
Plato123

I can't find anything in the mark scheme bu my teacher has always said that you need to structure a letter like a letter
Reply 6
I would just start with 'Dear Sir/Madam' and end with 'yours sincerely' or 'yours faithfully' I think :smile:
Reply 7
Yeh for the Spec A students what would you do for my second question about giving both sides or not?

Latest