The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does this mean that no-one outside Lochaber High School sat this today?
Wish I could do Gaelic :frown:
Reply 3
Really? I'm doing AH next year :biggrin: (Monday)
Lucky... our school ran Gaelic for two years but they couldn't support it beyond Int 2, so I chose German instead.
Reply 5
aww, that's really rubbish, well the reading was ok. Did you do any Gaelic in those 2 years?
Ciamar tha thu?

I think that's right :confused: We did very basic Gaelic (weather and stuff) in S2, but no more than a real beginners' course, unfortunately. I would've taken it to SG and probably then onto Higher, but I didn't want to restrict my Higher choices (since my languages are my favourite subjects) so I decided to do German.

Next year I'll have the choice between Italian, Spanish and Gaelic to take to Int 1 level alongside my five Highers, so I'll take Gaelic, methinks :smile:
Reply 7
Chan eil dona tapadh leibh!
Yus! Gaelic is the best!!
*grins but secretly dies inside, knowing none of that sentence*

:biggrin:
Reply 9
(-NOT BAD THANK YOU-)
Teehehehe, get EVERYDAY GAELIC and that will help greatly. :]
gaelic looks interesting, but seeing as my school now offers only higher french or int 1 spanish, i dont think theres a lot of hope for it xD

(my school does do chinese, urdu etc but only for native speakers)
Reply 11
Aww, well that's a shame. You could do an ODL?
Wow, that sounds fun =]
Reply 12
gaelic would be cool to learn. i could think of more useful languages to learn, but it would be great to learn the language of my heritage.

i'm struggling to decide what to do for my languages next year. it's between 2 highers (french and spanish) or a higher and an int 2 (french OR spanish, and chinese). the plus side to doing the int 2 would be getting 5 study periods.
Reply 13
Yeah, it is really good. I can't wait to start AH :]

Oooh, do that, the 5 study ones :]
Reply 14
i think i will. but then i have the trouble choosing between french and spanish :P
I heard about the new Mandarin Chinese courses, it was in the Your Exams 2008 booklet handout thingy from the SQA. Probably won't be at our school, but it sounds interesting.
Iain-C
Aww, well that's a shame. You could do an ODL?
Wow, that sounds fun =]

whats an ODL? :biggrin:
Reply 17
TimmyVermicelli
I heard about the new Mandarin Chinese courses, it was in the Your Exams 2008 booklet handout thingy from the SQA. Probably won't be at our school, but it sounds interesting.

well i'm doing access 3 this year (it's all SQA offer). would love to get an int 2 in a language like chinese, but the content is identical to the likes of french nd spanish, so it's pretty hardcore. :s-smilie:
what was the higher paper about this year? I sat it last year, sat Advanced Higher today. :biggrin:
i would love to learn Gaelic but our school doesn't offer it so you would have to go to college :frown:
however i did pick up a few sayings on my trip to Raasay

Ciamar a tha thu fhein?
Tha mi gu math, tapadh leat.
Tha deagh shìde ann

Mar sin leat an-drasta.

Latest