The Student Room Group

Newport or Aberystwyth??

Hey there,

I am currently doing research into which university to go to next year when i finish college but i find myself drawn to these two:

1. Aberystwyth
2. Newport

I don't know which one is best :frown: so i was wondering if you could give me any information on them. Every bit of info is helpful so thanks in advance.:smile:
Reply 1
Aberystwyth.

Purely unbiased view, nothing to do with the fact that I'm going there :p:
Reply 2
Aberystwyth. I have never heard of the University of Newport.
Reply 3
Aberystwyth.

I'm about to leave after three wonderful, wonderful years. Best decision of my life :smile:
Reply 4
Crisps
Aberystwyth.

I'm about to leave after three wonderful, wonderful years. Best decision of my life :smile:

What, leaving? :p:
Reply 5
Aberystwyth by far.
Aberystwyth defnintely
Reply 7
What course is it for?

Generally speaking Aberystwyth has a better reputation, and also I've a friend who goes there who is really enjoying it.
Reply 8
The course that i want to do is Accounting and Finance in Aber and just Accounting in Newport
Reply 9
xxxadelexxx
The course that i want to do is Accounting and Finance in Aber and just Accounting in Newport

Definitely Aberystwyth then.
Reply 10
Aberystwyth is by far the better choice :smile:
Reply 11
Aberystwyth is a smaller town, but it's far nicer (I live in Newport but am in uni at Aber) there might not be as much in Aber, but it's got everything you could need, its a close, friendly community, a great university and has an extremely lively nightlife. Until the university in Newport actually comes back into the town (the campus is out in Caerleon and all sorts of places, but they're in the process of building new facilities and halls on the riverside) then all the excitement will be out of town. There's OK shopping in Newport, and you could get the train into Cardiff (Its only about 20 minutes from newport station to serious shopping) but as a university, and from an academic standpoint, Aber all the way!!

Latest