The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Just include lots of opinions - likes and dislikes - and compare things. Don't use the same adjectives loads of times, stuff like that.
braders89
hey
I'm just about to do draft out my 1minute presentation for my Mock GCSE in french

Anybody got any tips, things to include, phrases

I might be doing it on holidays or school subjects, i havent decided yet

Any tips would be gratefully apreciated

thanks

Holidays- include where you went on holiday last year, where you're going next year and where you like to go on holiday so you're using all 3 main tenses. Include opinions and, if you can, reasons for your opinions.

School subjects- perfect chance to use lots of opinions, but try to be original and think of different ways of saying things instead of the same thing all the time. You could also describe a typical day at school if you run out of things to say.
Reply 3
I did holidays for my GCSE presentation. I did where I usually go on holiday, what I'd done the year before (as I'd been away a lot), and what I was doing that year. Then just give some opinions!
Reply 4
Mine was on holidays--and I did pretty much the same as gringalet. Said what I'd done the previous year, what I planned to do that year, and gave opinions (mine and my family's) on the places as well as mentioning what facilities there were. Just make a point of using a range of sentence structures and tenses, and try to use a broad range of vocabulary.

Some parts of the French GCSE exams are handed to you on a plate as long as you take advantage of the opportunity to prepare properly--shame I couldn't be arsed (wrote presentation the midnight on the night before the exam, for example) and consequently only got myself B, when I should have done much better :rolleyes:.

You, however, are obviously being much more sensible :biggrin:. Best of luck with the mock! :smile:
Use lots of tenses. Present, Imperfect, Perfect and Future. More if possible.
Reply 6
You shouldn't really need a lot of tenses for GCSE. We didn't do the conditional tense at GCSE but is you wanted to include it you could.

I didn't have to do a presentation with the WJEC. Do all of the other boards have one? We had to learn the answers to about 50-odd different questions for 5 categories and the teacher chose a category on the day.
Try to use the more complex structures you're familiar with, e.g. When I went on holiday 3 years ago... while in spain... If I won the lottery, I would go to ... the most interesting city, in my opinion, is...

That kind of stuff - its not difficult!
Reply 8
When I did the holiday Qs there was one about whether or not you'd want to live in whichever country you visited. There was also one about the differences between the UK and the country you visited.
Reply 9
letts is a handy book for these types of things..
i did mine on work experience, and found one of the Letts french revision guides really useful.. :smile:
smallthoms
You shouldn't really need a lot of tenses for GCSE. We didn't do the conditional tense at GCSE but is you wanted to include it you could.

I didn't have to do a presentation with the WJEC. Do all of the other boards have one? We had to learn the answers to about 50-odd different questions for 5 categories and the teacher chose a category on the day.

That sounds similar to the one I did with Edexcel. Instead of a presentation, we had to do 2 conversations. There were 5 topics to choose from; we chose one and the exam board chose the other. We could see a list of sample questions for each topic.

I did the conditional tense at GCSE, as well as the present, perfect, imperfect, pluperfect and future.....but then I think my teacher was a little over-keen on grammar!
Reply 11
A very easy way to make sure you get a future tense in is to start by saying "I'm going to talk about my...holidays....school".

The golden rule is to give opinions on the statements you make :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending