The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Are the exams going to clash with my holiday

Ok, well im a very confused. and up until now i thought i was taking a gap year so i booked a holiday to florida for the 23rd of may to the 6th june.

Now im thinking i do want to come to nottingham to study economics in september. Now i just need to know wether im going to have exams on these dates.

I checked the website and it said "Spring Semester Examinations: Monday 12 May - Friday 30 May 2008". But then i have heard people say they have had exams after these dates.

So can anyone whos a first year doing economics tell me if my holiday will clash? Thank you very much
Reply 1
Won't your exam dates depend on which modules you take?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Exam timetables change every year, so this year's first year economics timetable is likely to be different to next year's.

I think it's only medics (and possibly nurses as well) who have exams outside the standard exam period.
Reply 3
chocolatekiss
Ok, well im a very confused. and up until now i thought i was taking a gap year so i booked a holiday to florida for the 23rd of may to the 6th june.

Now im thinking i do want to come to nottingham to study economics in september. Now i just need to know wether im going to have exams on these dates.

I checked the website and it said "Spring Semester Examinations: Monday 12 May - Friday 30 May 2008". But then i have heard people say they have had exams after these dates.

So can anyone whos a first year doing economics tell me if my holiday will clash? Thank you very much

I've just finished my first year Economics exams - my last exam was yesterday. You won't have exams outside the examination period.
Reply 4
alex-hs
Exam timetables change every year, so this year's first year economics timetable is likely to be different to next year's.

I think it's only medics (and possibly nurses as well) who have exams outside the standard exam period.

And physios!! Some of us will be doing exams on the last day of term! :mad:
Reply 5
Looks like i will probably have an exam then.
Im just going to have to take the gap year, and ask for my place to be deferred, if not apply all over again

Thanks for the replies guys
Reply 6
or you could cancel/rearrange your holiday... seems like a less drastic course of action
Reply 7
Yeah having to defer a year just because of a holiday clash seems a little silly. You only have to make the holiday a couple of weeks later than originally planned.
Reply 8
Yeah i did think about moving the holiday, but later dates are already booked (im going disney world). Plus its a group ticket kind of thing, so not only will i lose my deposit so will everyone else im with.

I will fully decide what im doing on the 5th/6th june as this is my deadline on UCAS
Reply 9
Have you actually asked whether you can defer your entry, as some universities will want a good reason.
Reply 10
Lol I have a similar problem at the minute... My parents have booked a 2 week family holiday from 2 may 09 to 16 may 09 and have already paid for this.

Will I be likely to have exams for history/languages do you think?
Reply 11
Most likely I'm afraid...

Latest

Trending

Trending